two

Trouble in Paradise

Trouble in Paradise

June 11th, 1995

"So you ran?" Eridanus and Sirius had grown to know and understand one another over the week that Sirius had been living in Number 12 Grimmauld Place, today Sirius decided to tell her about the Potters, Fleamont, Euphemia, and James.

"I ran like hell, Eri" The older sibling laughed a little at the look on his sister's face, she looked at him with a bit of shock but mostly confusion.

"Sirius, why are you here? I mean I love having someone else to talk to and all but...You're on the run, why stay here when you should be hiding, truly hiding?" Eridanus' confusion was due to the idea of actually leaving the house. She had always been doted on by Kreacher and taken care of by him. He couldn't leave the house and so by default she couldn't.

"Okay Rapunzel, I have another story, it's much darker than the others, but it will make sense in the end." Eridanus rolled her eyes at the nickname and just pulled her feet up into the chair she had been inhabiting. Sirius began his story about Voldemort, about the Order of the Phoenix, The Boy Who Lived, and the fact that The Dark Lord has risen again, and so the Order must also.

"So you need this to be the Order's headquarters?" Sirius nodded and looked at his sister, admiring her unique eyes again. "Okay, send your letters, get who you need, I'll be cleaning and making rooms presentable. Oh! And I'll try and quiet the portraits down a bit." The older Black sibling was shocked at how quickly Eridanus was alright with having strangers in the house, expecting a little more resistance from the girl.

Sirius wrote to Dumbledore, who wrote to all involved in the Order, and soon the floo blared and out came Remus Lupin "Hello Sirius!" The two joined in a hug and began talking about charms and protective spells to use on the house. "So now that we've got that out of the way, Dumbledore mentioned something about another Black that could help?" Sirius smiled to himself as he led Remus over to the couch.

"Her name is Eridanus, and she's my sister. Hold the questions Moony." Sirius raised his hand before Remus could get any of his questions out. "My mother kept her existence a secret to everyone, even the Ministry. Apparently, my parents wanted another child after Regulus's passing and decided to have her, my father died before her birth so it was just her and my mother until she was five." Remus looked at Sirius both shocked and a bit appalled.

"So she's been raised by a house-elf and paintings since she was five? Oh my, Merlin." Sirius only smiled and walked over to the bottom of the staircase

"Eri! Come here a moment!" Remus could hear footsteps bounding down from the top floor, and then a tumble. The werewolf shot up out of his seat and towards Sirius as they both had a look of concern on their faces

"I'm alright! I think?" A young woman's voice rang through the halls of Number 12 Grimmauld Place. The moment of silence was then met with a small "ouch" and soon a teenage girl, no younger than Harry came down the stairs, with the beginning of a bruise obvious on her right arm. Her A-line dress was covered in a bit of dirt and her brunette hair was pulled up into a bun on top of her head.