fifteen

there you are star

  there you are star

August 15, 1995 

  "Oh hello, Ryder" Ryder Lupin came through the Tonks family's floo at twelve forty-five p.m. and immediately looked around for Eridanus Black. 

  "Hello Ted, how are you?" He attempted small talk with the adult are failed miserably by his reaction, he nodded towards the back door which Ryder made a break for quickly. "Thanks!" 

  But Eridanus was nowhere to be seen, she wasn't on the porch, in the swing, there was no ladder to get up into the treehouse anymore, so the werewolf took matters into his own hands, walking around to the property edges and into a meadow, not far from the cottage. He found her. 

  To him she looked perfect, her lips pouted and her eyes dreamy as she laid on the ground, in a dress borrowed from her mother's closet that was brought to the Tonks' with her. She looked sad while the blades of grass swayed with the breeze, her mind was elsewhere, as she just laid and watched. He watched her for a moment, wishing to remember the way she looked forever, the dress was creme and her hair was plaited with a clover crown sat on top and a ribbon to keep it tied at the end. She looked heavenly, he would remember this as the moment he would forever think she was perfect. 

  "There you are Star," Eri looked up at her friend, his mouth wide with a smile as he sat down with her, "What are you doing out here?" Eridanus stayed silent but moved her head to his lap and looked up at him from there "Eri?" 

  "I'm thinking" She paused and grabbed his hand, interlocking their fingers, her other hand went to the Golden Snitch that sat on the outside of her dress "Have you ever heard of a Dolores Umbridge?" Ryder nodded and frowned 

  "Yeah, she's very anti-anything impure. Why?" She looked away from his face and traced all of the freckles along his arms, making patterns and words as she thought "Eri" 

  "Oh, we asked her for directions around the Ministry today, she gave me a bad feeling" Ryder brushed a stray piece of hair from her face "I don't know how to explain it, I just felt cold and uncomfortable" Ryder's hand moved to her arm, he traced along her skin, all of the tiny little scars from when she was younger and still lived in Grimmauld Place. 

  "She's not a kind person from what I hear, Remus said she was very vocal about her dislike for anything not pure when they were in school" Eri nodded and looked up at the sky again, 

  "What do you want to do now Ry? I don't know if I want to play Quidditch right now" He shrugged and watched her as she watched the clouds. He was entrapped with her, the blue of the sky could never compare to her eyes, they often changed shades on how she felt, sometimes they were sapphire blue, then the same shade of blue topaz, but today they were a new shade, sky blue, matching the one she looked at. 

  "We could go get a blanket and some books and just stay and read. Right here, I like the flowers, makes it our little place" He laughed, she cracked a smile and reached out next to them. She picked a clover