prologue

Walburga Black, married and born, was proud of the fact that she had birthed the most recent heirs to the Black name, well at least half proud, her oldest, Sirius Orion Black III never agreed with their ideals

  Walburga Black, married and born, was proud of the fact that she had birthed the most recent heirs to the Black name, well at least half proud, her oldest, Sirius Orion Black III never agreed with their ideals. The woman had always wanted a daughter, someone she could pamper and teach all about being proper and how to find a respectable husband, and so her husband decided to give her what she wanted, a daughter. Walburga's husband Orion, died only after finding out about his third unborn child. Their third and final child was gifted to the couple late in life, with the help of magic.

  After many months of bed rest and many scares, Walburga gave birth to a little girl on August 13th of 1980, two weeks after Neville Long bottom and Harry Potter. Walburga awarded her first and only daughter with the name Eridanus Irma Black. Eridanus, after the river constellation, residing near the constellation Orion, and Irma, after Walburga's late mother.

  Eridanus grew up not knowing her father, or either of her brothers, only their portraits and the things they left behind in their rooms. She was only five when her mother died, leaving her to be raised by the only other living thing she had known other than her mother, their house-elf Kreacher.

  Eridanus was raised and taught magic by the portraits of her family that lived in the hallways of Number 12 Grimmauld Place, she personally kept a portrait of her older brother Regulus in her bedroom, he was the only one who truly listened to her and gave her a response other than a lecture about blood purity and how she must keep the Black bloodline "Toujours Pur." When the growing young woman wasn't being lectured about her spell casting and blood purity she spent her time trying to learn as much as she could about muggles and muggle-borns alone in the library.

Note

Hi, so this is not going to be completely accurate with the cannon Harry Potter universe. Please do not comment "that didn't happen" and "so and so would never" please refrain from correcting me. I am a young author, not everything is going to be perfect. If you have a problem with any of this I ask that you leave my book and don't come back.

I do not stan JKR, what she said about the trans community is completely not okay, but sadly all the rights go to her unless the character is my own (like Eridanus)

Without any other interruptions, I hope you like my book and the way I wrote Eridanus and all of the other characters! Please understand that I use different face claims than the original actors due to a personal preference ( even though David Thewlis is hot AF)

xoxo, Noelle