36. Forgiveness and French Butterflies

Elle's P.O.V

I wake up to a darkening sky and sigh. Oops. Looks like my nap was a little too long. I crawl out of bed and sneak down the stairs, smiling when I hear laughter resonating from the living room. I peek my head around the corner, exhaling a happy breath of relief when I see Rosie and Collin finally getting along.

Rosie is smiling at Collin, arms raised in triumph as she wiggles on the couch in what I can only assume to be a victory dance.

"Sucker!" She taunts, changing her voice to mock something Collin must've said earlier, "'You only beat me last night because the boys were here – they distracted me.'" Rosie frowns dramatically, twisting a fist by her eye in the crybaby symbol before breaking character, "Well, sorry to break it to you, Collin, but nobody's here to distract you now and you still lost."

Collin rolls his eyes, shaking his head with a smile on his face. "Yeah, yeah, make fun. You better enjoy the win though," he points at her, raising an eyebrow, "because this streak of yours won't last forever."

Rosie laughs, "Honey, it's not a streak. It's the fact that I have more skill than you."

Collin scoffs, "If you really wanna talk about skill, we need to play something other than MarioKart."

I interrupt Rosie's response with a laugh, stepping out from around the corner so I can join them in the living room, plopping myself down happily next to Rosie.

"So I see you two made up," I beam.

Rosie smiles, "Yeah," then she glares at Collin playfully, "But now a war begins."

She smiles innocently as she stands up from the couch, "May the best woman win." She bats her eyelashes and walks away, ignoring Collin's corrections behind her.

I laugh, raising my eyebrows as Collin shakes his head dramatically at me, gesturing towards Rosie exasperatedly.

"I'm willing to bet you started it," I say, shrugging.

Collin sighs, shrugging with a sheepish smile on his face, "I didn't think she'd win."

I crook an eyebrow, laughing, "Well maybe now you know not to underestimate Rosie."

I stand up, getting ready to follow my best friend upstairs, "You started it;" I say, dramatically sighing, "You have to be prepared to finish it."

Collin snorts as I turn away, "You guys are so weird."

----------------------------------------------------------

I knock on Rosie's door, wondering if she still wants to talk about what happened earlier now that she and Collin are apparently on good terms.

"Hey," Rosie smiles as she opens the door. "Come on in." She gestures to the bed and I sit.

Rosie sits next to me and I bump my shoulder gently into hers. "Do you still want to talk?"

Rosie sighs, "No, I did enough talking with Collin today, but thank you."

I smile, "Of course."

"Hey," Rosie furrows her eyebrows, "I thought you were with Beth?"

I squint, confused. "No, I was sleeping until just a little while ago."

Rosie laughs, "You've been asleep this whole time? Dang, Elle! That's a long nap, even for you!"

I blush, smiling sheepishly. "It's a comfy bed," I shrug.

Rosie chuckles, raising an eyebrow in agreement. "True."