43. Awkward Encounters

A/N: @fadagne asked for it! Theo's P.O.V is after Elle's!! 🤓 Felt so weird to type 'Theo's P.O.V' but I hope y'all like it!

Elle's P.O.V

Craig did not, in fact, leave soon.

The rest of my shift was a crap storm, and that's putting it delicately.

I'm not kidding. We had to call the police.

"Craig, get your filthy slut off of me!" Shelby yells, struggling to get the scantily-clad brunette to let go of her.

Craig is standing in the corner, looking mortified. He's yelling things like, "Babe, come on! There's nothing going on between us anymore, she's my ex!" and "Baby, you gotta stop!" but nothing seems to be phasing the girl attacking Shelby.

I've been gawking for the past minute when the brunette first lunged at Shelby but now I pull myself together, glad I have a phone that works as I start to dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Um, my supervisor's girlfriend is attacking his ex right now."

"Can I get your location?"

"Pier Surf, near the amphitheater on 6th."

"Okay, officers are on the way, do you need an ambulance?"

Shelby screams maniacally, scratches on her face and arms bleeding as Craig's girlfriend brings them both to the ground.

"Uh, yeah. Maybe two."

-----------------------------------------

Dax shows up just before Shelby and the brunette are loaded into separate ambulances. They had to be wrestled apart but thankfully the injuries didn't seem to be serious. Some of the scratches on Shelby looked pretty painful though. I couldn't help but smile when I saw bruises forming on the brunette's jaw. Shelby's a fighter for sure.

Dax glares, walking purposefully towards Craig. "Your girlfriend did this?" He asks venomously, gesturing towards Shelby's ambulance as it drives away.

Craig swallows, "Uh, ex-girlfriend now."

"What?!" The brunette shrieks, paramedics holding her back as one reaches for the doors. "I knew there was someone else!"

She starts crying while simotaneously fighting to get free so she can attack Craig. It's a sight I can't tear my eyes away from. Luckily, the paramedic manages to close both doors, muffling the girl's shrieking, but not before Craig has the chance to shout at her.

"There's no one else! I'm breaking up with you because you're crazy!"

That didn't help her calm down any. The ambulance drove away, hopefully taking her to a different hospital than the one they're carting Shelby off to. I can only imagine how much worse it could get with sharp needles and drugs in the vicinity.

Dax rolls his eyes before crossing his arms, reaching one hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose with a heavy sigh.

"I think you should take some time off," He says to Craig.

Craig gapes, "What? But it's not my fault! She just showed up out of nowhere and then next thing I know, she's attacking Shelby!"

Dax glares. Craig shrinks, nodding slowly. "Okay, yeah," he mutters, "I'll take some time off."

Dax nods. "It will be paid, don't worry. I just don't like the idea of you being around until this all blows over."

Craig nods, much more chipper now that he knows he's going to get paid.