An Omen

'It had been a few weeks since Merlin brought Arius back, he had done very little to show any signs of his magical power yet, he hadn't even spoken to anyone but Merlin yet'

'While he hadn't become close with most of the sins, there were a few he got along with the best. He and Escanor seemed to get along quite well, even when Escanor was in either of his forms'

'Escanor also seemed to enjoy Arius's company, especially when he was in his muscular form. It seemed the usually pride riddled giant of a man held a soft spot for the child'

'Then there was Diane, Diane had managed to gain much more of his trust than Escanor had. She often would be the one to volunteer to look after him when Merlin went out to do whatever it was she had to do at the time'

'Diane hadn't gotten him to speak yet, though she took on the role of an aunt of sorts for the young child'

'Merlin had become quite protective of Arius aswell, taking on a more motherly role for him. Merlin had bought him more clothing, figured out what his favorite food was and had even started to teach him basic magic'

'Currently Meliodas wanted to introduce Arius to the royal family, specifically the king. Merlin was busy with one of her experiments so Diane had agreed to go with them, mostly to make sure Arius was okay'

"You know you dont have to come with us right? I can handle him" 'Meliodas asked with a  chuckle, earning a huff from Diane'

"I dont care if you can handle him. I feel more comfortable being there to watch him myself" 'Diane said as she looked down to Meliodas, Arius sitting on her shoulder as she did so'

'Arius didn't really seem to notice the interaction as he was marveling at the view around him, being able to see almost the entire kingdom from atop Diane's shoulders'

"Arius? You okay?" 'Diane asked curiously, catching his attention, causing him to jump momentarily'

'Arius gave a soft nod in response, earning a smile from Diane in return. Coming to a stop as she and Meliodas walked into the royal courtyard'

"Hey Bartra! Long time no see!" 'Meliodas said with an enthusiastic smile, earning a tired smile from the king'

"How are you doing Your majesty?" 'Diane asked curiously, catching the king's attention'

"I am doing well, thank you Diane" 'Bartra said with a chuckle, his attention being brought to Arius'

"Who is this?" 'Bartra asked as Diane helped Arius down to the ground, letting him stand on her hand'

"This is Arius! Merlin's.....Adoptive Son?" 'Meliodas asked in confusion as Arius stood next to Diane's leg'

"I....think so?" 'Diane says in confusion, hesitant to agree with the statement'

'Ignoring the uncertainty of the two holy knights infront of him Bartra crouched down onto one knee, causing Arius to hide behind Diane's leg'

"Quite skittish Isn't he?" 'Bartra asked with a soft chuckle as he stood up'

"Yeah, Merlin rescued him from a village that was attacked, so he's pretty on edge still" 'Diane explains, earning a nod from Bartra'

"Sir Meliodas!" 'The voice of princess Elizabeth rang out, catching Both Meliodas and Bartra's attention'

"Hey Elizabeth! Howsit goin?" 'Meliodas asked, crouching down to the princess's level as she ran past her father towards him'

"You aren't leaving on another mission are you?" 'Elizabeth asked in a slightly disheartened tone, earning a grin from Elizabeth'

"Nope! Just showing the newest member of my crew around!" 'Meliodas says with a grin, earning a confused look from Elizabeth'

"Elizabeth this is Arius! Our newest member" 'Meliodas introduced, causing Arius to shrink ever so slightly under the princess's gaze'

"It's a pleasure to meet you" 'Elizabeth said sweetly, stepping forwards as she did so'

'Elizabeth's eyes seemed to sparkle upon noticing the color of Arius's hair, softly placing her left hand onto the shorter boy's head'

"Your hair is so pretty!" 'Elizabeth said with a smile as she looked Arius over, causing him to flinch at her touch'

"Please....stop

'Upon Arius whispering the word "stop" the air seemed to go still as Elizabeth froze, a look of confusion coming over her'

'After a moment Elizabeth regained her ability to move as Meliodas and Diane shared a look of surprise'

'Meliodas lifted his right arm in confusion, his range of motion had been cut down, it was almost a struggle to even lift his arm'

"You know magic?" 'Elizabeth asked in a mixture of surprise and excitement, earning a hesitant nod from Arius'

"Can you show me?" 'Elizabeth asked curiously, earning a shake of Arius's head'

"It's bad..." 'Arius stated timidly, almost as if he were afraid to speak" 'Earning a soft from from Elizabeth as she noticed his distressed state'

"Well Elizabeth I think It's about time I told you another story huh?" 'Meliodas asked, catching the princess's attention'

'Meliodas was smiling as usual, but he was obviously on edge at the moment, rather it was obvious to Diane'

"C'mon kiddo, let's go back to the barracks..." 'Diane says softly, swallowing her own concerns as she softly picked Arius up by the back of his cloak'

*To Be Continued*