Galland

Galland's was sent skidding backward as he blocked Arius's Scythe. It spun against his spear like a saw blade.

The Scythe was sent upward, leaving Arius to grab it mid air.

Upon contact with the Scythe it felt as if his power level near doubled.

He struck down at Galland with a fury and rage comparable to a natural disaster. Sending quake after quake through the ground.

"This isn't looking good!" Meliodas shouted as he steadied Elizabeth.

"It's not....if he continues to unleash his magic, the repercussions on his body could be bad" Merlin said as he outfit fluttered in the wind.

"What do you mean?" Diane asked, watching Arius slam the blunt side of his scythe into Galland.

Merlin grit her teeth, watching as her son's rage began to transform him.

Cracks formed along his face before it shattered, revealing writhing shadow. His mouth and eyes had been reduced to a glowing purple hole with jagged edges. A look of pure rage having engulfed his features.

"He is going to burn himself out" Merlin stated simply, gritting her teeth as she did.

"Merlin....what is this?" Meliodas asked in a cautious manner, his grip on Lostvayne tightening.

"Every reaper has a magical ability that exists outside of their role as the avatar of death"

"The previous reaper. The one we delt with has the power of "Burning Blade"

"His is known as "Writhing Shadow"

"It takes every negative emotion one feels and gives it physical presence. It can replace limbs, increase strength and even transform it's user" Merlin explained, watching the battle closely.

Galland roared as he swung his weapon towards Arius, instantly coming to a stop as Arius grabbed his wrist.

"YOU GOT A LOT OF NERVE GALLAND. BUT NOT ONE BIT OF SPINE!" Arius shouted in fury.

With a quick snap. Arius bent Galland's arm backward. Snapping his elbow.

Galland let out a cry of pain as Arius's assault grip tightened.

"THIS ENDS NOW DEMON!!"

Arius brought his free hand up to Galland's head, gripping it tightly as he grabbed the other side with his free hand.

Arius's shadow like mouth opened widely, his eyes doing the same.

Galland desperately began clawing at the reaper's arms as his mouth and eyes began to glow brighter.

It only took a few moments but Galland's eyes and mouth burst into the same purple glow.

The demon's strength rapidly began to drain.

However Arius was quickly halted in his attack by Merlin, a pink glow stuck around him.

"Darkness Rush" Merlin said simply, causing Arius's eyes to flicker.

With his own strength waining. Galland broke free from the reaper's grip. Jumping backward before stumbling.

He seemed to take stock of the situation. Feeling the weakness in his body.

He jumped into the sky, vanishing in mere seconds.

In response Arius let out an enraged non human cry of fury, the ground cracking beneath him.

"WORD OF POWER!" Merlin shouted as she sparked with pinkish purple magic.

"SLEEP"

The spell took hold near instantly. Causing the reaper to fall unconscious.

Merlin rushed forward and caught Arius as he fell. Collapsing herself afterward.

"Are you okay Merlin??" Arthur asked, rushing to Merlin's side.

"That was one of his powers! That was a stupid thing to do Merlin!" Meliodas said in realization. Feeling how rapidly her strength was draining.

"I didn't....have a choice"

"He was going to burn himself out otherwise"

*To Be Continued*