A Revelation

'Meliodas could be found standing with the other sins in the forest, they had staked out the two mercenaries they had followed. Neither of them had seen anything that could be considered off putting or suspicious'

'Infront of the sins lays both of the mercenaries. They had died in the night, though they weren't sure how'

"From what I can tell. neither of them have sustained any injuries" 'King stated, having been the one tasked with checking the bodies for wounds'

"And it would seem there was no poison in their system either. From the state of the surroundings I believe whatever or whoever killed these two used magic" 'Gowther stated as he looked around'

'The grass immediately around the dead bodies was brown, even the trees nearby that had branches hanging over them seemed to have suddenly died'

"So you really didn't hear anything?" 'Diane asked in confusion, catching Ban's attention'

"If we did we would have woken up" 'Ban stated, a more serious nature having taken over him'

"If we hadn't we wouldn't have missed them" 'Meliodas responded with an equally serious tone'

"Missed who?" 'Elizabeth asked curiously, causing the other sins to look towards their captain'

"You know who caused this Captain?" 'Ban asked in half hearted tone, almost as if he didn't want to know the answer'

"Yes I do." 'Meliodas said calmly as his eyes narrowed'

"Who's magic could be this bizarre?" 'King asked, floating next to Diane'

"It was Death" 'Meliodas stated bluntly, fear creeping into his voice'

'Just the mention of the name seemed to send ripples through the ranks of the sins'

"That's what I was hoping not to hear" 'Ban said with a sigh as he crossed his arms'

'Ban was swiftly knocked out of the way by Diane slamming her left hand down next to him'

"You mean he-"

"No i dont mean Arius is alive Diane. More than enough time has passed for the tittle to have been passed onto someone else" 'Meliodas said in an honest tone, turning to Diane'

"Actually. The level of damage here suggests this individual has learned to restrain themself. Suggesting they have gained a great deal of control over their magic" 'Gowther explains in his typical analytical tone'

King: "Then there is a chance this was Arius...." 'King says in thought'

'Elizabeth was at a loss for words at the moment. She hadn't heard that name in years, since she was roughly six years old'

'The sound of Elizabeth falling to her knee's caught Meliodas's attention, followed by the other sins'

"Y-You mean Arius could have done this?" 'Elizabeth asked in a shaking voice'

"If he is still alive....there is a ch-"

"No! I refuse to believe my little brother could ever do such a thing!" 'Elizabeth cried out in a mixture of pain and fury, catching the other sins off guard and cutting King off'

"Right....kinda forgot about that" 'Ban said in an honest tone'

"Was that ever official?" 'Ban asked in a whisper, having leaned over to King'

"I dont believe so....Merlin wouldn't let the king sign the papers..." 'King said in response, whispering aswell'

"Elizabeth...you never got to know what sort of magic Arius used did you?" 'Gowther asked, light curiosity audible in his voice'

"N-No...he never told me" 'Elizabeth admitted in light confusion. Remaining on her knee's'

"The kid didn't just use death magic. He WAS death" 'Ban said bluntly, causing Diane to practically flatten him into the dirt with a hand'

"You could be a little more subtle you know!" 'Diane said loudly as she retraced her hand, earning a loud cough from Ban as he regenerated'

"Forgive me if I am wrong. But i distinctly remember lady Merlin's explanation of how that worked" 'Gowther interjected, catching the attention of his comrades'

"I dont think I like where this is going" 'King admitted as ban stood up, cracking his neck as he did so'

"If you'll recall. When we originally faced Death. We had to use a reversal spell to defeat him" 'Gowther stated bluntly as the group fell silent'

"We did this because of one specific rule of the title that is "Death" 'Gowther continued as he lowered his hand'

"You cant kill Death...." 'Diane stated in a mortified tone, falling into a sitting position herself'

"Shit" 'Ban stated bluntly, a mixture of realization and guilt audible in his voice'

"This is bad..." 'King said in a sort of agreement, sharing a similar expression of fear as Ban'

Gowther: "We left death...to die" 'Gowther stated in a tone of realization. Recognizing the gravity of the situation'

'Meliodas seemed to be the only one who had his composure, despite the shaking in his legs and the rapid beating of his heart'

'Meliodas looked to Elizabeth with a confident grin crossing his face before walking over to her. Helping her to her feet'

"Then I guess we should go find ourselves a grim reaper!" 'Meliodas stated in a confident tone, earning a small smile from the princess'

*To Be Continued*