A Somber Reunion

'Arius was stood in front of his adoptive mother, an unsure and hesitant expression being visible on his face'

'Merlin on the other hand seemed to be holding herself back, she had never been an emotional person. But at the moment it was clear how conflicted she was'

'Merlin had grown very attached to Arius in the years she spent taking care of him. But it was clear to her that Arius was not the same innocent child she remembered'

'The room fell silent as Gilthunder stood behind Arius. Meliodas and Elizabeth having moved over to the side'

"I hear you have something to ask of me?" 'Merlin asked with a slight shake in her voice'

'Arius composed himself before picking his Scythe off the ground'

'The moment he made contact with the Scythe's handle a sense of pure dread flooded the room. Even Merlin and Meliodas had froze in place'

'Arius approached Merlin with heavy footsteps, a cold expression having taken hold of his face'

'After stopping in front of Merlin, Arius held his Scythe out. Merlin finding herself waiting with her hands out as well'

"I know it was the Seven deadly sins that delt with my predecessor" 'Arius stated simply, his voice being just barely above a whisper'

"Please take my Scythe" 'Arius said as he handed his mother his weapon'

'Near instantly after letting go. The room returned to normal. That was until Arius collapsed to his knees'

"Use it to strike me down as well" 'Arius asked simply, causing Merlin's eyes to widen'

"Arius. Why would you ask such a thing?" 'Elizabeth asked from the side lines. A genuine tone of concern being audible in her voice'

"I-I"

"My life has caused nothing more than pain and suffering. I have killed those who have deserved it yes...However I have killed more that did not" 'Arius explained, cutting Merlin off'

"I tire of this curse. I haven't slept in years because of it" 'Arius finished, sending a silence across the room'

'Merlin looked to the Scythe in her hands as she had begun to shake'

'The older woman grit her teeth before dropping the Scythe, catching the attention of Arius'

"Absolutely not" 'Merlin stated in a cold matter of fact tone'

"Why" 'Arius asked, a slight disappointed tone being audible in his voice'

"You truly expect me to kill my own child? After JUST finding out he's alive?!" 'Merlin asked in a rare moment of anger'

'Arius simply let out a heavy sigh, shrinking slightly as he placed a hand on his head'

'Merlin's breathing steadied before she crouched on to her knee's'

'Elizabeth was about to step forward when Merlin held her hand out, as if to say it wasn't safe'

"I understand what you're feeling Arius. I'm not exactly in a stable mindset either" 'Merlin stated with a sympathetic tone, trying to soothe her son'