season 1, episode 10. "the white violin"

word count: 11,317

~ third person pov ~

"Yo, what the hell is going on?!" Diego shouted as the Hargeeve siblings come out of their respective rooms and into the hallway with Pogo in toe, looking around in confusion when the house shook violently.

"Are those explosions coming fr--"

"Vanya." Luther spoke out.

"We need to get to safety outside the Academy!" Pogo ordered, Klaus and Diego nodded as they started backing away and heading for the stairs.

"Don't forget about mum!" Luther called out to the duo "Pogo, I'm--"

"Go! Now!" Luther watched the chimp then rush away, Luther let out a sigh before turning around helping Allison out of her room before helping her up the stairs, meanwhile, Vanya was riding the elevator up to where their bedrooms were, just missing Allison and Luther as the elevator reached its top floor. She stepped out of the elevator and looked around before stopping at each of her siblings room, pushing open the door and reliving a memory of when she was younger with each of her siblings. First was Klaus and Ben, then it was Diego, then it was Allison and Luther.

"To go on a mission, Vanya, you have to have a power."

"Vanya, what do you want?!"

"Just get out!" 

And with each memory she relived, she left their room, but not forgetting to completely destroy it as she left. Now, when she passed DJ's room, her hand was pressed against the door lightly before she pushed it open, there, she could see DJ on his desk chair with his headset on and was doing one of his radio shows with a bright smile on his face. When he noticed that his door open, he turned around on his wheelie chair and his smile grew brighter at the sight of Vanya as he greeted her with an enthusiastic wave.

"Vanya! My adorable sister, would you care to join me?"

Vanya loved DJ with all her heart, the only one out of seven siblings that truly loved her and found her special, even more so without knowing that she had powers. He treated her nicely and would always try and find a way to play with her when they were kids, even when he was really busy with his own studies, his training and even his radio show, he would still find a way to fit some time in to be with Vanya in his schedule, she treasured every moment she had with him. So, she closed his bedroom door before making her way upstairs so she could leave this house of horrors, destroying it on her way out, but to search for her brother so he wouldn't get hurt during her onslaught.

"Mum!" Diego and Klaus called out, searching upstairs for their mother so they could help her escape, they tried looking to see if she was at her charging station but saw she was nowhere to be seen "Where is she?"

"Mum!" the two were beginning to get restless as the sounds of explosions only grew louder as the ceiling above them began to collapse and grumble to pieces, they rushed along the upper level of the house before pieces of the ceiling fell on top their heads, causing them both to grumble to the ground, but larger one had landed on Diego's head a second time and causing him to momentarily lose consciousness. Klaus let out a groan as he clutched his head, pushing himself so he was laying on his back and looking up at the ceiling and his eyes slowly widened when he saw cracks form on along ceiling and saw that a huge chunk of it was planning on falling on top of them.

"Diego..." keeping his eyes on it, he started to repeatedly pat Diego's back to try and get him to wake up "Diego! Diego! Diego!" just as the pieces started to fall, Klaus looked down at Diego when he felt him suddenly get dragged away but soon let out a grunt when someone grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of the way "Holy shit..." Klaus slowly muttered as he looked up at Ben in disbelief while pushing himself up, Diego doing the same, regaining his consciousness as he pushed himself off the ground "Come on. Come on, come on. Diego!" Klaus urged as he grabbed Diego's arm, throwing it over his shoulder and helping Diego get out. With Vanya again, she finally made it to ground level and was walking into the living room, reliving another bitter memory.