season 1, episode 6. "the day that wasn't"

word count: 5021

~ third person pov ~

DJ sat in his room and tapped his foot on the ground in the beat of the music that was playing to signify that his radio show was currently on break, the current song was "shadows" by lindsey stirling, a request from someone from his audience that he willing did, but to also honor Vanya in her success for getting the spot she has now. He was so proud of her the moment him, Diego, Klaus and Luther were out of the line of sight of Hazel and Cha-cha, and also healing Diego's wound, he quickly sent her a text saying her had a surprise for her and to turn on her radio so she and possibly Leonard, can listen in on his show. Not that she didn't anyways.

"And we're back my beautiful listeners! I apologize again for being inactive. I've been very busy for the pass few days and nights that I couldn't tune in! But now your lovely host has returned and has a special announcement to make!" he cleared his throat "In three days time my beautiful sister, Vanya Hargreeves, will be preforming at the Icarus Theatre in the first chair she oh so deserves because she is so talented! I'm so proud of her! And V, if you're listening to this... I mean every word." Vanya wore earphones as she listened to DJ's radio show, with a smile on her face she closed her eyes and allowed tears of joy to trickle down the sides of her face. DJ loved her so much that he made a shout out to her on his popular radio show that thousands on people listen to, including celebrities "With that being said, it's time to hear the first caller of the day and see if they have anything to share." DJ spun around in his chair as he pressed a couple buttons, almost immediately someone called so he answered "Hello my dear, what is it that you'd like to share?" DJ raised a brow when he heard sniffling "Hey, are you alright? Why are you crying?" the person on the line took a deep breath.

"D-DJ..." his eyes widened slightly before he smiled softly when he recognized her voice "Thank you... thank you s-so much! I don't know what I'd do wi-- without you."

"It was no problem at all, V. Like I said before, you deserve it. What I just did is nothing compared to what you're gonna do." he smiles "You're gonna bring the house down with your amazing violin skills!" she sniffed.

"Thank you..." suddenly the door to his room opened to reveal Luther.

"DJ, I need you in the living room. We're having a family meeting." he scoffed.

"And can't you see I'm in the middle of something important?" Luther sighed.

"I mean now, not later or anything. It's really im--" DJ let out a long groan when Luther started to rant.

"Oh for goodness sakes, fine! Just get out it, I need to do something." Luther nods and leaves his room, he looks back at the mic "Did you hear any of that, V?" there was a giggle.

"If hearing you act like a child when a parent asks you to do anything you don't wanna, then yes, I did." he sighs "I'm actually near the academy, I hope they don't start without me."

"Luther and Allison will probably be blabbering that'll get us to start as well and I won't be able to convince them to shut up, so you might want to hurry." he sensed her nod.

"Right. See you soon, DJ." he smiled softly just when she hung up, he let out a breath.

"Well I'll hear you beautiful listeners later. Like my dumb brother has requested, I have to be involved with a family meeting and if I'm not there he's gonna bitch about it. So, ciao~" he blows a kiss then finishes, he rolled his neck before getting up from his seat and making his way to the living room "So what's this family meeting about? Unlike you, I've actually got a life." DJ asked as he walked in and took a seat on the chair Klaus was leaning against.