28. Tell you a story

Double update today, so make sure to read the next one!

Chapter 28: Tell you a story

*****

Dear Lion, 

Don't you ever wonder just how limiting words are? There's practically a word for everything, a paragraph you can use when trying to describe something you feel. The dictionary seems endless, and yet sometimes we try and find the perfect words to say something and never manage to find them. 

I thought and thought and thought about what I wanted to tell you today, but I couldn't think of the right words. I wanted to remind you that I love you, that I'm proud of you, and that I'm looking forward to see all of the amazing things you will set out to do some day, but none of those words couldn't give any of what I wanted to say justice. 

So instead, I'm going to tell you a story, something which I'd like to think myself good at doing. You see, Lion, we have a strange relationship, you and I. It's certainly one which not many people would understand. 

'How did you get attracted to somebody when you didn't even know how he looked like?' They'd ask. 

I never answered them, not because I didn't know how to, but because I knew, just because they asked that questioned, that they wouldn't understand. 

We're so caught up in a world where friends compete with one another to get a significant other who is more good looking than the others'. 

'It was love at first sight,' they'd say, only it isn't. It was lust at first sight. You cannot love somebody you don't know. You fall in love with who they are, and how they treat people, and not because they have a pretty face. 

Many people don't get that, and they probably never will. 

You were intriguing, and certainly a challenge for me. You were different, I'll give you that. 

I guess I wanted to prove to you that not everybody is going to fall at your feet the moment you use one cheesy pickup line on them. Did I manage?

I fell for you long before I knew how you looked like, and probably long before I even realised it. I had suddenly found myself excited to get out of school just so that I could talk to you, because somehow you managed to put a smile on this always grumpy girl's face. 

Soon enough, I found myself looking forward to hear about your day, and about your training, and about your games. I was so proud of you, Lion, and I still am. 

I wish that I could be there to cheer you on physically during your games, Lion. I wish that I could just physically show you how proud I am of you (and maybe make you ashamed of knowing me by how loud I would be cheering for you, because let's face it, it would be funny). 

You believe in me, Theo, and I promise you that I will always, always believe in you. 

All my love,

Your little marshmallow

Sparkle,

Thank you for always putting a smile on my face with your messages. 

You're right, words can't even come close enough to even expressing half of the things I want to say. They can't express how much I love and care for you, or how much I want to have you close to me so I can hold you tight against me. 

Knowing that you believe in me is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give me. 

I want you to know something to. I want you to know just how excited I get to see your smile every time we talk. I want you to know how seeing you in a good mood makes me so happy. And lastly, I want you to know how happy you make me. 

I love you, Mia

*****