37. Gone

Chapter 37: Gone

Mia's POV

*****

I didn't know how to reply to Theo's question. I knew that he wasn't mad, and I certainly had no reason to lie to him. Jack was a guy I used to like, but whom I barely even thought of anymore. The reason I was so shocked was because of the fact that I had never told Theo about Jack. I never deemed it to be important, and never saw a reason for me to tell him that I used to have a crush on a guy named Jack. 

"Theo Jones, are you a stalker?" I teasingly asked. "How do you even know that?"

"Layla told me not to try any funny business because you liked some guy before we talked for the first time," he chuckled, shaking his head lightly at the memory. 

"Wow," I breathed out. "I knew you were a bad boy, but disobeying your twin sister is new level." 

He laughed lightly, his eyes crinkling. Even if he was smiling, I could still tell that he was at least slightly upset, and I could not understand why. I knew for sure that it actually had nothing to do with Jack, I knew Theo better than that. He was not the kind of guy to not trust me. 

"Okay, now you're going to tell me what's bothering you, because I know for sure that it's not the fact that I'm going to be hanging out with Jack in a group," I said, crossing my arms before I quickly untangled them as I realised that it caused my chest area to pop out. 

"It's just that I wasn't aware you were going out," he said, making me look at him in confusion. "Shoot, that came out wrong. What I meant was that I was hoping to call you and talk to you tonight. We haven't been able to talk as much anymore."

I smiled softly, finally understanding his reaction. I got confused at first, upset that he thought I had to tell him about every time that I was planning to go out. The more I understood him though, I realised that that was not the issue at all. 

It was already hard enough for Theo and I to be able to hang out only through Skype. Not even being able to talk made things even worse for the two of us. I loved Theo, and I was not planning on ending the relationship because of that barrier between us, especially since I knew that we could still work around it. But that did not mean that I didn't hate the situation. 

"Besides," he continued. "It's not fair that you get to be dressed like that and I can't even have a good view."

I rolled my eyes at him, looking at him with a straight face. It wasn't that I wasn't flattered, but the fact that I was very self-conscious. I was the kind of person who would always want to wear over-sized hoodies and sweatpants, just to make sure that all of my curves were hidden. I was also never a huge fan of my breasts. Not because they were small. Quite the opposite. 

"Well, I have a couple of minutes left till my cousin comes to pick me up. Until then, I'm all yours," I said, making a small smile appear on his face. 

"I guess that's better than nothing," he said. "Guess I'll have to use this time to talk you about something that might cheer you up. Aunt Petunia's gone."

My eyes widened, my mouth opening partly as I was rendered momentarily speechless. I knew that I wanted a bit more information, but a part of me felt bad for the rest of the family, and in a way, I felt bad for her. It was nearly Christmas, and she was pushed into leaving. 

"No, no, no. You are not going to feel upset about this, okay?" He softly said, as if he could read my thoughts. "We all wanted her gone. She doesn't really get along with any one of us."