6. Theo Jones

Chapter 6: Theo Jones

Mia's POV

*****

I was shocked when Layla told me that Theo himself had told her he wanted to talk to me before she even mentioned it to him. 

Why would someone who has never met me want to talk to me?

"What do you mean he wants to meet me?" I asked in confusion as soon as she let me know, excitement radiating off of her. 

I was still bewildered that she wanted us to meet so badly, but she was my best friend and I was willing to do anything for her. If talking to Theo was going to make Layla happy, I certainly wasn't going to deny her that. 

It was yet uncertain how I was even supposed to have an affect on him, but it wasn't going to hurt to just talk.

No matter how nervous I was.

"I've been talking about you," she replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I told him about how much you mean to me and how good you are with giving advice and understanding people, and he thought you seemed cool."

The thoughts and feelings that were going through my head after she spoke those words were indescribable. I couldn't believe that Layla actually talked about me at home, and the fact that she was able to convince Theo to talk to me just by her descriptions of me, then she must have said a lot of good things about me.

From what she had described him as, Theo was a difficult person. It was hard to believe the fact that he showed the wish to talk to me just by that.

"You talk about me?" I asked, trying not to seem so surprised, but clearly failing.

"Of course I do Mello, you're my best friend. Even my friends have heard about you. They love you by the way."

Looking back, it's hard to believe that my lips didn't fall off my face by how huge my smile was at her words. 

Never, in all of my life, had anyone ever talked about me to their friends and family. Or at least never as well as she did. I suddenly felt bad that I hadn't told anybody about Layla, but not because I didn't want to or because I was ashamed, quite the contrary.

If I could, I would have told the entire world about my friendship with Layla Jones, but I knew what the results of that would have been. 

My cousin and her friends would have probably tried to figure out who she was, probably wanting to become her friends themselves. That in itself is not such a bad thing, the bad thing would be if they manage to take her away from me. 

It wasn't the first time that the second one of my friends met Sophie they would ditch me for her, and I couldn't even blame Sophie for it. She was naturally a very social person, and certainly an extremely fun one to be around. That was why they always seemed to prefer her. 

In such a short amount of time, Layla had become one of the most important people in my life. She was the one who managed to make me smile and feel better after I saw Jack with Jade, and she was also the only one who ever managed to make me laugh the way she did, as if everything in the world was good. 

She made me feel like everything in my life was going perfectly, even if that wasn't the truth. 

My parents, on the other hand, would not have been extremely happy about me having a long distance friend. Especially one who they never met. 

That was why I decided to keep my friendship with Layla to myself.

"So what do you say? Do you want to talk to Theo?" She asked, her smile not going unnoticed.