Chapter Fifty

~°UNKNOWN POV°~

And in this moment of silence, they are all united. United in love for the demise of a classmate, a friend, a best friend, a sister, a daughter, a niece and a girlfriend... In that moment, they alls shared the pain which she left.. Her absence made the earth a ghost city to those who loved her being... She almost caused Matthew a heart attack, and made Akum faint twice. She caused more harm than she bargained for, and she knew all of it was going to happen. She knew she'd break them; she knew it so well, but she decided she'll be breaking herself more... She ran from her fears and her pains.

She has everything she ever wished for now; peace, and absolute quiet, but left everyone's heart beating a billion per millisecond... It was as bad as pouring acid on tissue... It's definitely going to burn forever and that's what she did to everyone..

The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you; you just got to find the one's worth suffering for. And the uncontrollable tears on all their faces are evident to that. They loved her, and she did too, but it didn't just go as well as they all expected.

Not all fairytales have a happy ending... This one isn't an exception.

It all started with a friendship on her first day of school, a compliment, and then a bond was created... She made a boyfriend within that time, and almost lost him to her pride... And now, it ends six feet to afterlife.

It's true what they say.. 'There are friends. There is family. And there are friends that become family,' that can't be more true, especially in this moment. It's a family of mourners, whose only mistake was loving her so much and being hurt by her absence.. The only mistake a human cannot regret. No regrets in life, everything happens for a reason, including her sudden departure.

Waje felt her departure hit like a bomb right to her chest, and she definitely didn't see it coming. She thought, 'Perhaps if I was more friendly, if she didn't see Jamal and I together, she'd be more happier now?'

Blaming herself did nothing but burn her the more. She couldn't help it. To her, Chantelle wouldn't be around anymore. She is hurt, tired of all the pain and misery. Fed up and just wants a miracle to lighten up everything.

Her heart is like a sponge, soaking up all the anxiety and pain, the bad things and all she wants to do is squeeze it away, but it seems like an impossible task. She forgave Chantelle for everything, but couldn't stop repeating in her heart, asking her for forgiveness for everything.

"I'm sorry, Chantelle. Rest in peace,"

Those words ring like a siren in her heart, or an anthem, even. She knew nothing would be the same anymore... Chantelle left a permanent scar in the hearts of many. She left them in pain, to her last breath...

For the first time, Jamal's hugs felt as empty as water in a basket... It didn't help at all, but the mere thought of him being there was enough encouragement, although she was in big trouble already.

And Abim, she feels lost, Chantelle's death killed her soul. She knew her for the longest time and her absence caused a sore feeling in her heart, in her life...

To her, Chantelle was a soul sister and she just lost an important part of her soul. She can't believe it is happening. The end was too near to comprehend.

She recalls the first day she met Chantelle. Akum and her joked about her over sized skirt, but ended up shaping it for her. Their friendship started with a smile, a friendly hand, and three girls coming together to form a stronger bond than friendship. Something much more, even than family.