Chapter Two

Akum°~

My secrets are extraordinary,
They are beautiful.

6:30am.

I jerk up from the sound of the deafening alarm clock and stare at the clock at the end of the room, confirming the time.

6: 31am.

Immediately, I jump out of the bed in a hurry and dash into the bathroom. I take a quick shower, moisturize my chocolate coloured skin hurriedly and reweave the loosened tips of my dark plaited hair.

When I'm done, I step into my uniform which is a black short flay skirt and a white short sleeved T-shirt with my white canvas and black stockings.

Black stockings because we SS2's have decided a new rule among ourselves to defy the SS3 students, no matter what it costs us.

Hurriedly, I pour all the books on my study table into my bag, fling it to my shoulders and dash out of the room, running down the stairs.

Chinelo serves my breakfast of bread and boiled eggs with hot tea and I hurry over it.

"Where's mum and dad?" I ask with a mouth of full of bread.

"They went to work already," she replies and returns to the kitchen.

When done, I pack up and dash out of the house in a hurry. I look around. Mum and dad's car aren't there and neither is uncle Dylan's.

"Aloysius!" I scream.

"Yes ma!" I hear him scream from his little abode and runs off to me in a hurry.

"Where is Kunle?" I ask, tapping my feet on the floor with my hands folded against my chest.

"Kunle..." he starts, looking around and scratching the back of his head. "Ah, madam....oga driver don't go drop junior oga, em..Dylan," he replies.

"And how am I supposed to get to school now?" I yell.

"Madam...me I no know o...."

"Aloysius, get into that car. You are driving me to school today," I order and immediately start walking to the black corolla.

I see him ranting with his hands to his head and walking aimlessly till he reaches the car.

"You fit drive, abi?" I ask, trying to at least reason in his way of speaking.

"Eh...lirrle by lirrle ma," he replies clumsily and starts the car.

I sigh and look out the window.

Chinelo comes out and he immediately signals to her to open the gates which she does. He drives out and I keep my eyes to the glass, thinking of the economics test.

                              °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I walk into the school compound and just in time, the bell rings for the morning assembly. The students and pupils immediately rush to the assembly ground and I grip my bag tightly before trudging my way to the senior area.

The vice principal, Mrs. Ifeoma, stands at the middle with the microphone in her hand and teachers try to coordinate the pupils.

As for the students like me, I could already see those annoying SS3 students walking down the stairs, heads high up in the air like they were ostriches.

I sigh and dump my bag on the stool at the back and move over to my line. The assembly prefect, Mofetola Akindele, walks to the front and holds her students prayer book in her hand, her beret bent slightly at the side of her head  like she was some choir mistress.