Chapter Twelve

So, I am officially dedicating this chapter to myself. Love you, Pauly.

Picture of Ozor above.

Ozor°~

Unlike my previous school, the morning assembly here is fun. The master mischief SS3's as my classmates call them on the class group, have a way of torturing the life of juniors and I for one wasn't cut out for it.

The incident in the swimming pool yesterday has got me thinking so hard and who is the Almighty Akum that everyone desperately can't wait to return?

"All SS2's kneel down!"

I turn my face up to see the overly hated senior prefect with a destructively tightened face and a board ruler in her hand.

"Are you people deaf?" she yells again.

"Why?" Chantelle asks, standing up.

"Look, Chantelle or whatever you call yourself, move before I dash a resounding slap on your cheek!" she spits viciously.

Chantelle returns to her seat and one after the other, they start kneeling down. Not me, though. I don't think -

"And you what are you doing there? Would you kneel down?" she yells, her finger pointed at me.

Me?

"Chinenye what is the meaning of this?" I hear Noah say to her as he walks into the class.

"As for your information SS2 students, twenty thousand naira has been stolen from the school treasury and you all are suspects!"

"Why us?" I hear them all mumble in disagreement.

"Next time, when they call you people for assembly, you people will not sit down  here like chief executive officers," she hisses.

So,we are suspects because we were the only ones around during the scene?

"You cannot be serious!" Noah said again to her.

"I am dead serious so you better shut that mouth and join your fellow rebels," she spits and hisses.

"We just arrived yesterday. what sort of insult is this?" Waje raises her voice in anger. Expect her to do that. She's a no nonsense person.

"Baby girl, tell that to your pastor!" she retorts and Waje fumes. Hopefully, she won't blow up.

"SS2 student's, this act of indiscipline is unacceptable. Twenty thousand naira is currently missing from the treasury and you were the only ones in the building when assembly started so you people better start talking," the Principal says seriously as he walks into the class.

"Sir, we are not the ones who stole the money!" I hear a girl say from an end of the class.

Yeah...

We aren't....

Leave us....

My classmates chip in. I honestly find it awkwardly funny, mostly because of the fact that there isn't a witness, proof nor anything at all. Why does the fingers point to us?

"You people will be left kneeling here until you decide upon yourselves and speak up!" he dismisses with a scornful look at all of us.

Why am I even in this mess?

"Leave them for now. I'll be back," he instructs to their burning fire of a head girl and walks away.

She hisses and catwalks out of the class in a way I think is way outdated.