Chapter Eighteen

This chapter is dedicated to _WildVixen22
She won a mini contest on my message board and for the love of God, check her out. Follow please. Love you so much❤❤

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

You can check the contests out. They come everyday but different times. ❤❤

And I'll be continuing Nursing A Psycho soon. Thanks to _WildVixen22 and Anxieticc
They really support me here amongst a lot of others. Thank you❤❤❤❤❤

Let's get down to business

*Chantelle's picture above*

••••••••••••••

Akum°~

Noah just called me. Yes, he did. Why?

I reduce the volume of the music and turn to him. He just stares at me and from the look of his face, something is seriously bothering him.

"What?" I ask as I turn to him. He doesn't say anything and that has got me wondering. Why?

"Why did you call me?" I ask again and just then, Miss Betty speaks up, interrupting his much necessitated reply.

"I want you all to act responsible. Act mature. The school has a reason for specifically picked this set of people. They know who can represent them well. Don't go there and act like you've never seen samosa and spring roll in your life. When we enter the plane, maintain absolute silence. I don't want to hear gossiping or stupid chitchats. Remember, I will be watching you. Go there and fumble and you'll see," Miss Betty warns and faces her front again.

"Ma, can we take pictures?" Chantelle asks.

"Yes," she replies. "Occasionally," she adds and turns once again.

Guessing from the way he concentrated on his phone, scrolling through, Noah has forgotten our little discussion.

Abim, Chantelle and Waje talk and laugh silently and I just keep my eyes to my phone the whole time. Pepper dem by Zlatan plays and I just tap my feet to the beat.

After about an hour thirty minutes or more, we finally reach the airport. We come down, get into the airport and the teachers dothe necessary arrangements.

Aunty Zara and the rest of us just hang around, taking pictures or chatting silently.

"You people better win that trophy. Who else should win it?" Aunty Zara says and we all laugh.

"Tell that to Ozor," Abim replies and we all divert our gaze to the group of boys standing at the other end of the large hall. They just laugh to whatever Israel showed them on his phone and then stare at it again.

Noah isn't there. Instead, he sits silently on the chair and stares into nothing. He has been the weirdest lately. Whatever is the problem, is seriously important for Noah Thompson to look this depressed.

"What's wrong with him?" Aunt Zara asks.

She noticed too.

"I don't know. He's been like that lately," I reply with a shrug.

"And he hasn't said anything to anyone. Not even Nonso," Abim adds.

"It's really depressing watching him this way," Chantelle adds and we all just stare at him, which is so awkward because just then, he turns his face to us and immediately, we all avert our gazes, pretentiously laughing at a joke till he looks away.