Chapter Fifty Six

Hey, y'all!!!

ONE HUNDRED FREAKING VOTES on chapter one. ONE HUNDRED PEOPLE have recognized this book and I'm honestly so happy, although few still follow it but I'm so happy RN!!! Thank you so much!!!🙈💞
Hope y'all are having a fantastic evening and it is cold out here😌😌 But.... Here's another update. Yay!

Quick news about my personal Life... News flash your opinion matters, so feel free to release.😣😣 As I was saying, I'm crushing on this boy in my class and this piece of okpa won't like me back😥😥
Wahala be like admirer from afar😫

Being the quiet one that I am, I won't even say shishi! The crush would come and go. So that he'll say I'm like a sister to him😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

But if you've ever crushed on your male best friend who's a hottie, then please, don't lose grip. The struggle out here is real😂😂😂😂

I feel like I talk too much, so let's dive down into the chapter. I could tell y'all more but I doubt y'all are ever gonna reply so let's move on!

Song for this chapter is Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi.

FAIRLY EDITED!

AKUM'S POV°~
💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

The whole morning has been rain, gloominess and extreme silence. It's like no one talks again, and I'm pretty sure it's way beyond work. Mum and Dad aren't okay, and Aunt Zara has just been too busy with her girlfriends and preparations for her blast of an engagement party. Ada is either in her room, on the phone or sleeping. She never even crawls out of her room and I, I've been normal... alone.

"Um... Akum. It's time to get ready for school," Chinelo says as she pops her head into my bedroom. I nod and she leaves. I cuddle once again in the duvet, staring plainly at the mirror at the end of the room. Realization hits me and I stand up, preparing, so as to not be late for the most important assembly Crimson may ever have. I prepare for school immediately.

When I'm done, I grab my jacket and fling it over a shoulder, grabbing my phone in the other and walking out of my bedroom. I get to the dining table where Mum and Dad sit, having breakfast like everything is all okay and I roll my eyes, joining them at my usual spot. Mum looks up first.

"Good morning, Mum. Dad," I say in a mellow tune and they reply in an equally mellow tune. What a way to start a day.

The rain hasn't subsided yet and I'm afraid I'll have to ride with Mum. Honestly, Dad would be a lot more preferable. I hardly have a choice anyways, so...

"Chantelle died?"

I look up at Mum who still rolls lines of red sumptuous slippery spaghetti in her fork. She looks at me. "Yeah..." I trail off. "How did you know?"

"I got a call from your principal. You'll be attending your normal classes once again!" Mum says and I nod silently. "We'll be there for the assembly too," she adds and surprised is less than what I feel. Something has really changed.

"Oh..." I trail off once again. "Okay," I finish off and continue with my breakfast.

It's gonna be a long day....

We finish with breakfast and head for the car. Apparently, we'll all be going together in Dad's black tundra. Bad, bad, badd idea!

I climb onto the back seat while Dad drives and Mum sits at the passenger seat. He drives out of the compound and I just realize how expert my parents are at keeping things a secret from me. I roll my eyes and grab my phone.