Chapter Thirty

Hello!!!!!

I am finally back. How long was I gone? A week? Well, I am back to update my book because I am in love with my characters and... My readers! Without further ado, let's get down to  it.

*Picture of  Noah above*

~°ABIM'S POV°~

I wake up and unconsciously, stare at Nonso as he quickly copies my answers of the brain whacking mathematics assignment. His pen falls to the floor and makes some noise. He curses to himself before gently bending down to get it to avoid getting me awake. Attempts proved futile, though.

"Well done!" I say, startling him immediately as he jerks up and turns to me.

He chuckles slightly.

"What's up na!"

I hiss and stand up lazily from the bed, stretching and yawning while I'm at it and not really caring about how bad my morning breath may be.

It's another beautiful morning in the ghetto but will definitely not be a beautiful one at school. The cold morning breeze sweeps through my feet as I open the doors. My mind flows with the breeze and I smile, enjoying how perfect this morning is. The smell of freshly cooked okpa with hot pap... Aunty Ngozi with the mouth watering akara and Sisi with her sumptuous roasted plantains. Just across, I can already smell everything perfectly, making my mouth water.

"Aunty, it is cold and what normal people do is close the doors and enjoy the duvet. Understand?" Nonso says and I glare at him before obeying and returning to my bed with little shrugs.

I turn on the radio to Celebrity gist and grab the iron to straighten my uniform a bit.

"And in another confirm news for naija, Rema wey be the famous young Nigerian singer, come go do challenge for him new song... Ginger me. Na so my body kukuma dey ginger me sef for this kain Abuja cold..."

I chuckle a bit, ironing the lines of my shirt and folding the hand part a little bit, so as to make perfect ghetto lines to seriously outshine those stone headed seniors of ours. I smile at my successful attempt and keep listening once again to the radio.

"Na so everybody kantan gidiba for Instagram sey dem go win. Choi! Lo and behold na one of Rema's female fans, wey been say her name na nimiee don come win the challenge, waaa...."

I laugh so hard, imagining the type of expression Chantelle will have on her face when she hears this. Good for her. I don't realize I left the iron till I smell something wrong and realize I burnt the bedsheets. Oops!

"Na so Rema don come take baby girl out come give the girl customized teddy wey been say na Rema's character dey take make am. Na so  the girl just come dey scream... Rema..... Nawa for una girls dem!"

I stare at Nonso as he laughs so hard. It's contagious. I join him and soon, we roll with laughter, not even minding the tear I made on the sheets. I nearly choke myself, hitting my chest hard and trying all ways possible to stop the laughter.

"Na so Rema's fans don dey criticize for twitter say na only woman wey be him fan? That Rema don dey put eye for the girl tay tay... Na only woman wey dey stream your music???"