Chapter XX: Lose You To Love Me

The music was loud that Selena could hear it a few houses down Roy's party house. Not that it was unusual. Around these parts, this loud music was a staple every weekend nights.

Selena had rarely ever gone with Drew to one of these parties. It wasn't her scene. She didn't like how rowdy the crowd was, or how sketchy everyone in there looked.

She didn't even like the music they blasted.

But she liked Drew.

And that was why she was on her way there.

She met Drew during her junior year in college. They had a class together. He was late and he sat next to her. She didn't pay him any mind at first. She was too busy doodling on her notebook.

When she dropped her pen and he handed it back to her, that was when she noticed his dirty blond shoulder-length hair that matched his pretty brown eyes.

They didn't really talk much at first though. Selena was hardly interested in anything else at this time other than to study so she can fulfill her dreams.

But it was raining hard one morning so Selena was soaked by the time she came to class. She couldn't skip it because they had an exam so she just risked it.

She was shivering when Drew tossed her his jacket, "I feel cold just by looking at you."

"Thanks," Selena answered.

And that's how they finally started talking.

It wasn't much of a start but then they began hanging out after school, going out to the library together, then out for a friendly lunch, and Drew finally asked her out on the last day of their class together.

Everything that happened between them happened so fast after that.

Pretty soon, everyone in their friend group knew how inseparable they were.

At least, that's what they thought.

They didn't know how Drew would disappear some days without a word. The first time it happened, he said he was with his cousin. He was with him the whole weekend and he didn't have reception in their place, he said. They just had fun. It was just some fun with his family.

It happened a few more times.

"It's family," he'd say. "You're being paranoid."

He also started going to these parties. Selena knew about these. Zayn had drove with her to one of these parties before. But he never took her inside, and he only ever did it because he wanted her to know about the crowd he'd sometimes run with. It was just business with Zayn.

But not with Drew.

With Drew, these parties were a pleasure.

He was changing. She knew that. But she also promised not to leave this time around.

The guilt she felt with Harry still lingered in her heart.

Besides, Drew loved her. She was sure of that. He would make sure to tell her that whenever he showed up at her door with apologetic eyes after a night of partying. He would bring her flowers sometimes, and tell her he was sorry.

"It won't happen again. I'll text you next time," Drew would say. "Please, Selena. I'm so sorry. I love you. I'm so sorry."

But then he'd disappear again - off to some party somewhere and she couldn't reach him again.

It was where she found Drew one night, when she couldn't stand it anymore. She had to know what was happening and where he was really going.

This wasn't the sweet and caring Drew she knew.