Chapter VII: Crowded Room

"Are you serious?" Selena asked, stepping out from behind Harry.

"A hundred percent," Liam answered.

She walked closer to him before Harry could stop her - her eyes were fixated on his chest. One arm reached over to touch the key tattoo but Harry caught her wrist before she actually did.

"Then what the fuck is this all about?!" Harry glared.

Liam shrugged. "I was bored."

Harry grabbed Liam's collar. "Is this a fucking game to you?"

"Life is one big game, dude. And I'm just here to make sure I have a fun time."

Harry pushed him away and grabbed Selena's wrist again. "We're leaving."

Selena pulled her wrist back. "Wait, no. We're not leaving him."

Liam placed an arm around her. "Right-O, you're not. I didn't spend all these time waiting just to be left out of the fun."

Harry pulled Selena from Liam's arm. Liam raised an eyebrow but brushed it off.

Selena looked up at Harry. "Five keypers, remember? He may be a jerk but he's a jerk we need right now."

"Hey!"

"You are a jerk and you know it. Who introduces themselves like this?"

"I needed a grand entrance."

Selena rolled her eyes at Liam in exasperation. "Do you want me to chip off a tooth, too?"

The glass all around them suddenly shattered, spraying bits of glass on them. In their fights and bickering, they had not notice that the sun had set. They were in the middle of a deserted diner in the middle of nowhere and were vulnerable to an attack.

The three of them simultaneously ducked, with Harry shielding Selena with his body.

Black shadows climbed through the windows. Selena's eyes widened when she them. They didn't look solid. They were like haze but had the shape of a human - exceptionally long-limbed humans.

"All right!" Liam grinned as he stood up. He pulled out a gun tucked on his behind.

Harry also stood on his feet, pulling Selena with him. He pulled out a gun as well and handed it to Selena.

"You remember how to use it?" Harry asked urgently.

Selena balled up her fist to stop them from shaking. She nodded as she took it from him.

Harry had taught her how to use one before, back when they were still together. She didn't like hunting with them but Harry at least thought she should learn how to use one.

And how handy that skill was now.

"Don't worry, that has salt pellets," Harry said as he turned to face the Damned.

A lot of the dark figures had come in and surrounded them.

Liam cocked his gun, "Man, this crowded room needs a little trimming, don't you think?"

The Damned inched closer until they all began attacking at once. Before Liam or Selena could even shoot, Harry grabbed the nearest salt shaker on a table. He threw it on the ground and salt bursted out in the air.

The Damned wailed like they were being burned. It was a chilling scream that sounded like it came from the depths of the earth.

The Damned scattered but some began attacking. However, Harry pulled Selena to run when he saw an opening.