Chapter VI: Fun

To say that Harry and Selena were having a fun time together was a complete overstatement.

They had left early in the morning, with the sun barely peeking out of the sky. Aside from a handful of eye contacts, Harry had also given Selena a burner phone to use before they left. He had asked her to turn off her cellphone and to remove the battery as well.

"It's to lessen the chances of them tracking you," he offhandedly remarked.

Selena would have thought he was being paranoid but with everything happening, she just quietly obliged.

"Where are we going?" she asked him the night before during dinner.

"Montana."

"And we're driving all the way there? Isn't it like a 30-hour drive?"

"32."

Oh Lord.

"What's in Montana?"

"Another Keyper. And a plane's out of the question since they'll find us easier and quicker that way."

Harry had explained to Selena that each Keyper's family had a clue to where one was. It was an arrangement previous Keypers had made to keep each other safe.

The clue Harry was given went something like this:
Search west
For the fourth land
And there you'll find
Romeo's lover
In the Big Sky

"Montana's a pretty big state," she remarked.

"Joliet, Montana."

"Of course, you already figured everything out," she muttered.

Harry had always been the kind to have his life together. Back when they were still in high school, Harry told her of the life he dreamt of having. He was going to be a florist and have his own flower farm and shop.

Harry had grown up in the city, with tall buildings so closely knit with each other that he felt suffocated. They moved to Triton because his mother had a better job offer in the little town.

He once told her that he didn't like living like that, with no space to breathe. It was suffocating and everyone around him was always in a hurry. Nobody had the time and space to even stop and smell the roses.

So he wanted to live in a house surrounded by all the flowers he could dream of.

It was one of the best things about him. He was so sure about everything. And once Harry had decided on something, he would not stop until he got what he wanted.

It was why she was attracted to him in the first place. She was just like that too.

Meanwhile, Selena dreamt of leaving her rural town and become a bigshot lawyer. She had finished her pre-law course a year prior and was accepted in her dream law school.

But after a semester there, she wasn't so sure if that was what she really wanted anymore.

"It wasn't that hard to figure out. And I had a few years to pin where exactly," Harry elaborated.

"I see."

They were only on the first few minutes of their journey but they were already running out of things to say.

They had been together for a few days now and were somehow able to coexist peacefully. But it was different when they were seated next to each other.

She had a lot of questions. But they didn't seem to matter at the moment.

So most of the car ride was filled with silence between them.

Four hours into the drive and they finally made a stopover. The silence was suffocating. Any longer and Selena was going to break and start screaming.