Chapter XII: People You Know

"How sure are you that the next keyper is in Cambridge?" Liam asked as they walked back to the Tower.

"That... that logo. I know that logo from anywhere. It's the uni I go to, I'm sure of it."

"Hold up. Are you telling me you go to Harvard?"

"Yeah. Just finished pre-law," Selena said.

"You traded Harry for another Har, I see."

She really wasn't looking forward to going back. There was a reason she ran away from Cambridge and she wasn't so thrilled with the thought that she'd be going back there with Harry.

It felt like it was trouble just waiting to happen.

"That's not very witty," Selena rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, it is. Man, this is gonna be a fun road trip."

Selena stopped and turned to look at him. "Can't we use your plane again?"

"No."

"Why?"

"'Cos I wanna see what happens now when you and Harry are inside a car for a long time, you know? Will you both give in to the tension? Will you fight even more? It's gonna keep me on my toes the whole time. Gonna be fun."

Selena stared back at Liam in disbelief.

"It's a good way to bond, don't you think?" Liam grinned mischievously.

Selena bit her lip so hard to stop herself from shouting at him in frustration.

"Come on, let's tell them about our fun road trip!" Liam took her hand and pulled her towards the Tower.

"How do you even know the way back?" Selena asked.

"Can hear Niall and Harry shouting at each other."

"And you want us to go on a road trip when you three can't even-"

Liam cut her off. "I have no problems. Harry does. His ass is pissed because you bonded with Niall."

Selena's eyes widened. "That's not true."

Liam laughed. "I hear a lot more than what you think, Golden."

It was quiet when they entered the Tower again but Liam knew where to go. They found Niall and Harry at opposite ends of this huge room, sorting through things in silence.

"Yo, we have great news," Liam said when they entered. Harry's eyes zeroed in on their hands. Selena immediately let go of Liam's hand.

"Ah, ah, don't worry, Harry. She and I haven't bonded yet." Liam continued teasing.

Selena nudged his side hard.

"Ow!" Liam said.

"What is it?" Niall asked.

"We found the clue. The next keyper is in Cambridge," Selena said.

"What? Where?" Niall said, dropping the book he was holding.

"There's a graveyard out there in the old church I asked you about." Liam was rubbing his side as he plopped down a nearby chair.

"Wha- you went there?" Niall asked.

"You went out?!" Harry exclaimed.