Chapter XV: Woman

Selena was stabbing the lasagna on her plate unnecessarily.

The four of them really did end up staying over at K's house. It was a small bungalow that was decorated like an old woman lived there. It had white floral wallpaper, creaky floors, and mismatched furniture. She even had a tabby cat that welcomed them when they got there.

K closed her clinic early, telling them it was fine. The town knew where she lived anyway because they usually came to her house when they needed a doctor. It's because she's the only doctor in the small town so even though she was a pediatrician, she would also sometimes treat minor injuries of the adults.

"You can stay in the guestroom upstairs, Marie," K smiled. "Your other friends can stay downstairs. Gonna be a tight squeeze for them though - I only have two guest rooms."

"I can sleep on the couch," Harry smiled at her dazzlingly.

Selena was trying her best to not be irritated at the nice woman who was letting them stay at her house. Even if she kept staring at Harry.

Harry, on the other hand, was a different story. He was flirty, smiling at K, complimenting her, and just downright being adorable. He even helped her prepare their dinner.

Selena stayed in the guest room, leaving them alone. She took a long hot shower and was supposed to rest after. However, she sulked all afternoon instead.

Niall and Liam had disappeared the whole afternoon. Niall had knocked on her door when they came back to tell her that they had somehow managed to get rid of the car they stole. They also had gotten them a new one.

Selena didn't ask how anymore.

They were called to dinner a few minutes later. Niall reminded her to wear fresh contacts again.

And now all five of them were in K's round dining table.

Selena was screaming at Harry in her mind but she didn't want to show it. Unfortunately, her food was receiving the end of her disdain.

She was avoiding looking at Liam because she knew he was probably smirking at her.

Niall would glance at Harry with a weird look on his face. Then he would glance at Selena with pity.

"We'll take care of cleaning up here since you cooked," Niall offered.

"Oh, no, no. I can't make my guests do that!"

"Then I'll help you," Harry smiled.

"Okay!" K tucked a strand if hair behind her ear.

Selena could feel Liam boring holes at the sode of her cheek but she was determined not to give him the satisfaction.

"You can go to the living room. I have some beers in the fridge if you want some," K suggested as she and Harry stood up to begin clearing the table.

"Well don't mind if I do," Liam got up as well and made a beeline to the fridge.

He grabbed two bottles with one hand then came back to get Selena. He dragged her to the living room with Niall following after them.

She sat down on the couch and Liam sat next to her.

He handed her one beer and said, "You should cool that hot head of yours, Selena."

Niall snatched the drink away, "She really shouldn't when she's on pain meds."

"Shh! I told her my name is Marie!"

They actually all ended up giving K fake names. Well, except Harry. He actually gave her his real one.