Chapter XVI: Vulnerable

They left K's house as soon as the sun rose.

Harry was the last to leave the house, making sure to lock the door behind him.

Niall was already at the driver's seat while Liam was still asleep next to him.

"What's up with him, drank much?" Selena asked while they waited for Harry.

Niall chuckled, "Harry gave him some sleeping pills."

"Excuse me?"

"I think he snuck some from K's cabinet or something."

The front door opened and Harry jogged to the car. He sat next to Selena at the backseat.

"Let's go."

Selena looked at him questioningly, "Just left a note for the good doctor. Made sure we didn't leave any other trace."

"And Liam?"

"He deserved that."

To say that Liam was in a bad mood when he woke up was an understatement.

He had been snapping at everyone and everything, making the overall mood of their day unpleasant.

Not to mention, Selena was also acting so awkward around Harry - something Harry found amusing. He took it as a good sign that she was so conscious of him.

As it turned out, they were already pretty close to Cambridge. They made it there before the sun set.

They were parked on a sidewalk, mulling over what to do.

"We can go to my apartment?" Selena suggested.

"What a stupid idea. You think those dickheads aren't already surveilling it in case you return?" Liam snapped.

"That is it. You are on fucking time out Liam. No one will talk to you unless you shape up," Selena seethed.

Liam scoffed, "What am I, two years old?"

"You're acting like one!"

"Okay, that's enough. Don't get pulled in on Liam's bad mood, Sel. It's not worth it," Niall interjected.

"It's not worth it," Liam mocked. "Fucking goody two-shoes."

"We should just go find a place first. It's a uni town so it shouldn't be that hard. We might be here a while so better find a short-term apartment that doesn't ask questions." Harry said, completely ignoring Liam.

Selena sighed. She didn't want to but it was the only option they had right now, "I know a place. Trade places with me, Ni. I'll drive."

She'd been living in the area long enough to know some of its secrets. And this included even the ugly parts. She drove to a shady part that was a bit farther away from the campus and even farther away from her apartment.

She stopped in front of a rundown motel. She grabbed her hoodie and turned to the boys.

"I need some cash," she said.

Liam scowled at her and begrudgingly gave her his thick wallet.

"Stay here and wait until I come back," Selena instructed. "And try not to kill each other while I'm gone."

"No way, you're not going there alone," Harry said.

"This isn't up for argument," Selena didn't wait for a response and she got down the car. She took a deep breath before she went in the the front desk.

Liam cracked a window to listen in on the conversation or whatever Selena was planning to do. He might be pissed but he still wanted to make sure she was safe.