Chapter Nineteen: This Would Be Devastating To Her (Part Two)

Burukku's POV:

I sat quietly having finished my lunch long ago and just lost myself to my thoughts. I know that I'm probably overthinking this whole ordeal but I can't seem to stop thinking about it; I knew that there were going to be people who didn't care or appreciate what we do and sacrifice, I just never thought it would be someone who is trying to be a hero. While these thoughts were swimming around in my head, I stared out over the UA grounds; I watched the trees blow in the breeze, the birds fluttering around, some students moving around the grounds or even chasing each other, a couple butterflies fluttering around some flowers that had been recently planted. Everything seemed so perfect up here, like there was no evil or villains lurking around each corner.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize I was no longer alone on the roof. "Hello! Are you alright?" a voice suddenly called causing me to break from my staring and to snap my attention towards the voice. The male connected to the voice was a bright blonde one and when I say bright, I mean it, he seemed to almost be glowing, kinda like the sun. The blonde had strange eyes yet his smile was more distracting; I had never seen this boy before and based on his size and how he holds himself I would guess him to be a third year. I was so focused on how he looked that I missed two things, things I would normally never miss: I hadn't answered his question and he wasn't alone. After a few minutes of me just taring at him his smile dropped a little and he moved closer, he dropped onto a knee and asked again, "Are you alright?" his voice held more concern this time. I just looked at him for another moment before the girl of the group stepped forward, "You're from 1A aren't you? I saw you on the news... wait, you're the one who saved the teachers!" she exclaimed, her words causing me to look down. "S-s-she d-doesn't know u-us." the last boy stuttered out causing a look of realization to pass over the other two's faces. The blonde quickly smiled warmly at me before he introduced everyone, "My name is Mirio and she," he gestured towards the blue haired girl beside him, "is Nejire, and he," he gestured to the indigo haired male behind who had an amazing set of ears, "is Tamaki. We're third years from the hero course." He explained.

At the revelation of their course, I suddenly looked up at them all, "You're future heroes..." I trailed off causing confused looks to pass across all of their faces. "Can I ask you all a question?" I asked causing them to nod, "Did you ever question it? Wanting to be a hero that is." I asked. The blonde I now know to be Mirio shifted so he was now sitting in front of me before he spoke, "What is making you question it?" at his question I let out a sigh and explained everything: my upbringing and my want to be a hero, how I met Aizawa and how I helped him in the fight against my parents, how I've been training for the past few years with heroes to be the best one I can be, what happened inside the USJ, how I almost died to save the others, what the boy from 1B said, everything. By the end of it I could tell that they were horrified by the way that the boy had acted, "Listen," Mirio started, "you are already an amazing hero and you shouldn't let what others say change that fact about you. You've saved both your classmates and heroes! There are many people who are in my year who haven't done even half of that!" he continued causing me to smile softly, "You are going to be one of the greatest heroes and I cannot wait to be fighting villains alongside you." He finished smiling at me. "I can't either!" Nejire cut in causing me to chuckle softly at her energy, "Why don't we train together? It would give us a chance to fight someone with a different quirk and you a chance to learn from some different people! What do ya say?" she quickly added. I couldn't say anything so with a smile I nodded before looking at the indigo haired boy who seemed nervous; "If you're all comfortable with that, I wouldn't want to overstep and make anyone nervous or uncomfortable." I said causing the two in front of me to laugh, "Don't worry, he's always nervous." Nejire said with a smile.

I looked at Tamaki again, he was looking down at the ground and it looked like he wasn't going to look up anytime soon. I have an idea; I just hope he likes butterflies.

Third Person's POV:

The two third years in front of Burukku watched as her face changed from concern into one of thought before she seemed to have an 'A-ha' moment. They watched her eyes get slightly bluer as some of the water in the air condensed together to great several beautiful and intricate butterflies that started fluttering towards Tamaki. They adopted fond expressions as they watched her manipulate the butterflies around the timid boy who had looked up to watch them in wonder with a small smile on his face.

None of the people on the roof noticed the smiling teacher of class 1A watching them from the cracked roof door.

Hey guys! I know I just posted an update to this story several hours ago but I had an idea and I just couldn't help myself. I hope you are all enjoying this book so far, I know I'm enjoying writing it!

As I said in the last chapter, I hope you are all have an amazing New Years! I hope you all celebrated and were safe doing so! Also, I would like to again wish you all an amazing 2021 (we all need it after the horribleness of 2020).

I would like to remind you all that no matter what I am here for you all and that I am always up to talk to anyone and everyone who needs it! Remember that I love you all and support you no matter what! I'll always be in your corner and I'm cheering you all on! Be strong, you can do and make it through anything!

Thank you all for reading and just remember that I love you all!

~Avery