Chapter Eight: The First Day

Burukku's POV:

Time seemed to fly by and before I knew it, it was the first day of school. As anyone would be, I was excited and got up earlier then I normally would; since I was awake, I made breakfast for both Aizawa and myself then made sure to make a lunch for him. After finishing making all the food, I looked at the time and moved to make coffee for the tired hero; I had the timing down to a science and knew that his coffee would be finished just as he walked into the kitchen. As always, just as he walked into the kitchen the coffee was finished and I was quick to doctor it up to his liking whilst he sat down for breakfast. With a quick 'Good morning' I placed his coffee down and moved to eat my own breakfast beside him. Once we finished it was only a few minutes before we were out the door and on our way to UA.

Being that I came to school with one of the teachers I was there extremely early so I walked Aizawa to the staff room and said 'Hello' to those present. I chatted with a few of them for several minutes before deciding that it would be a good time to head to class and left after saying 'Goodbye' to those I was talking to. It didn't take me long to find the classroom, walking down the familiar halls I realized how easy it would be for someone who had never been here before to get lost but brushed the thought off. 'Rational students would arrive early encase they got lost trying to find their class so they wouldn't be late.' I thought as I approached the familiar door. Upon opening it I found, not to my surprise, that I was the first one here; 'Guess that means I get pick of the seats!' I thought excitedly as I moved towards a seat closer to the front. It took about ten minutes before more students began arriving; out of slight nerves I made two balls of water the size of marbles and began moving them between my fingers hoping nobody would notice them. "Excuse me!" a voice called out, "You aren't supposed to be using your quirk right now!" he continued causing me to look up. The boy who was speaking had dark blue hair and glasses; when he spoke, he kept making weird chopping movements with his arm which was slightly distracting but I brushed that off quickly. "I'm sorry, are you speaking to me?" I asked slightly confused, "Yes!" he exclaimed, "We are not supposed to use our quirks outside of training!" he continued.

I heard the door open again and looked past him only to see my friend Momo. I quickly jumped up and dissolved the water back into the air before moving to greet her excitedly. We spoke for the next few minutes before she said she needed to find a seat causing me to go back to my own. It didn't take long before a familiar yellow sleeping bag (caterpillar man) to inch his way into the classroom with an entrance that only suites him, "Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends. This is the hero course. It took you eight seconds to quiet down, that's unacceptable rational students would understand that." He said before getting out of his iconic sleeping bag and standing before the class, "Hello, my name is Aizawa Shota and I'm your teacher." He said blandly which almost caused me to chuckle. He then reached into his sleeping bag and pulled out some gym uniforms and told us to change into them before he left the room.

The changeroom was an interesting experience, I mostly stayed with Momo but a few of the others came over and introduced themselves whilst also talking about what they thought we were going to be doing today. Upon exiting the room many of the students realized that they had no idea where we were supposed to meet our teacher and just kinda stood there confused. I looked around at them all before I sighed, "Follow me." I said to those around me and started walking down the hall prompting them to follow. At the sight of several students walking away more began to follow and soon I was leading the whole class.

When we made it out there Aizawa explained that we were going to be doing a quirk assessment test which caused several people to make comments about missing the opening ceremony. Aizawa basically dismissed it with a comment about how we didn't have time for such things before making a student named Bakugo go do the ball throw as a demonstration. I will admit, I was impressed with his score however I wasn't marveling at it like everyone else was. Well, someone said something about how it looked fun and I flinched as I realized what was about to happen; 'Of all the things you could have said.' I thought as I looked over at Aizawa who kinda got a crazed look before he explained that the person in last would be deemed to have no potential and be expelled which caused me to sigh. I looked around at the students, 'They just need to prove they have potential' I thought as we all moved to the first test.