Chapter Four: Show Us What You Can Do (Part One)

Burukku's POV:

I had been living with Aizawa for about a week now and I can honestly say that it was much better then living with my parents. First, I got to meet a whole bunch of different heroes who all worked at UA and quite a few of them have even offered to help me train! Next, I'm actually doing training that would be geared towards heroics instead of crime and Aizawa even brought me on patrol once so I could get a taste of what it will be like in the future! Third, in training if there's something that I don't understand or can't quite get Aizawa actually stops and goes through it with me instead of getting angry at me. Honestly, this is the best and it really shows how different my life was just based on who my family was. Today, Aizawa said that the principal of UA would like to meet me and discuss my quirk as well as the possibility of me getting to use the training grounds of UA during the summer. To say I was excited was an understatement! When we left Aizawa decided that it would be better if we walked to UA to hopefully burn off some of my excess energy before we got there, needless to say that that didn't really happen...

"You need to calm down Burukku." Aizawa stared in his usual monotone voice without looking over at me, his words didn't affect me and I continued to skip along as we made our way to the school. "How can I not be excited?" I asked not looking over at him, "This is going to be one of the coolest things I ever experience!" I continued excitedly not even realizing I was pulling the water from the ground and using it to give me a boost making me skip even faster causing Aizawa to sigh. "Burukku." He said firmly which caused me to stop and wait for him to catch up before walking beside him again. After a few minutes of walking in silence we arrived at the school and it took everything in me to not run around and check everything out. As Aizawa and I approached the mostly vacant school I spotted two people waiting on the steps for us.

Before I could make any real observations about them, I felt something approaching us from behind. Without thinking twice, I whipped around and gathered the water from the ground and air around us and launched it at the person who was following us effectively catching them and lifting them into basically a bubble of water with only their head sticking out of the top. I glared at the person not letting my concentration falter for even the slightest second and I tried to feel if anyone else was approaching who shouldn't be only to hear clapping; "My, your reflexes are amazing! How did you know they were there?" a voice behind me asked before Aizawa spoke, "You can let them down Burukku, they mean no harm." At his words I let the person down slowly and dispersed the water back into the air and ground again. I looked at the person who I trapped again and bowed my head letting out a small 'Sorry' before turning to the two who were on the steps; one looked like he was made of stone while the other looked kinda like a mouse but also like a bear. I looked at the odd pair in confusion before the mouse... bear... thing spoke again, "You didn't answer my question." He said simply which took me by surprise, "I could feel the vibrations through the water in the ground." I said simply which seemed to confuse everyone present so I explained further, "Before we left, Aizawa stated that there wouldn't be many people at the school because it wasn't in secession yet. The vibrations were coming from behind us indicating the person was following us and the way the vibrations felt lead me to believe that instead of walking normally they were trying to walk as lightly as possible to avoid detection. Either they were trying to follow us for reasons that were not clear in the moment." At my explanation everyone present held shocked expressions. It took a few minutes before the stone looking man spoke breaking the semi-awkward silence, "How did you not know that they just weren't someone who worked here?" he asked to which I responded simply, "I didn't." At my response I could tell that Aizawa wanted to lecture me but before he could I held up my hand causing him to pause, "Which is why I went for a move that would immobilize him instead of attacking. I couldn't tell if whoever it was meant trouble or not, from past experiences I know it's better to be safe then sorry." I continued rubbing my clothed shoulder out of habit, this action was not missed by the hero's present.

Nobody made any comment about what I had said and we all made our way to one of the training grounds where I was directed to one of the change rooms to change. I knew that I was going to be tested to my limits so before I changed, I chugged two bottles of water and changed from jeans into a pair of leggings and took of my t-shirt leaving myself in a sports bra. I walked out of the change room and could immediately feel everyone look at me but I paid it no mind as I approached them. "Burukku, you're going to show us what you can do, no holding back." Aizawa stated prompting me to nod. At my nod the stone looking man stepped forward and created several sets of cement looking walls which I assumed were for me to do whatever I wanted to. This was going to be fun.

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a few days! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and are enjoying this story so far! Please let me know what you guys think!

I want to remind you all that no matter what I'm here for you all and I am always up to talk to anyone who needs it! Remember that I love you all and support you no matter what! I'll always be in your corner and I'm cheering you all on! Be strong, you can do and make it through anything!

Thank you all for reading and just remember that I love you all!

~Avery