Chapter One: They're Just A Kid

Burukku's POV:

It was a day like any other day. I would wake up and my parents would force me to train until the evening where they would try and make me go and help them with their crimes. I always refused; I never knew what they were doing but I knew I wanted nothing to do with it. At some point I was hoping to get away from my parents and maybe become a hero; well, at least that's the dream. As usual, my parents had tried to convince me to go with them to which I, as usual, refused causing them to leave in an anger. I was using my quirk to help me clean up the mess that the training room had become when I heard what sounded like a struggle outside. I carefully approached the window that faced the street and saw something that I would never forget, my parents trying to kill the hero that chased them.

In that moment, I didn't even think, I ran outside and as quick as I could I used my quirk to put a shield in front of the hero who was about to be killed causing everyone to look over at me.

Aizawa's POV:

I was doing my normal nightly patrol when I got a call about a break in at a jewelry store. I let out a disgruntled sigh and made my way to the store where I peered inside and saw the two criminals who were grabbing as much as they could take. I used my capture weapon to try and catch them without alerting them to my presence when suddenly another hero showed up, and not too stealthily either. "Hey, stop!" they yelled causing the two thieves to whip around and face the hero. Before I could activate my quirk one of them activated theirs causing the room to fill with a thick, heavy fog making it impossible to see them. I maneuvered myself up to the roof to hopefully get a glimpse of them leaving, while up on the roof I called back up knowing my quirk wouldn't be very useful in this fight.

As I scanned the ground hoping to see something, I could see what looked like two shadows moving across the ground at rapid speeds. I followed it whilst letting the back up I called know where I was for several blocks. When they finally stopped, I saw the two who were in the jewelry store rise out of the shadows. I called my back up again trying to figure out where they were only to find out they were still several minutes away and I knew if I didn't do anything now these two would get away. Without thinking twice, I jumped down alerting the villains of my presence.

We fought for quite awhile with one of the criminals making different weapons out of mist trying to use them to attack me whilst the other was trying to use the shadows to attack me. I was using my quirk as much as I could but was finding that it wasn't doing much good. In a moment of distraction, I had the criminal with the shadow quirk pinned the one with the mist quirk was able to get a good hit on me with their quirk causing me to fly back into a wall which caused a few ribs to break. I was trying to get up when shadows suddenly pinned me to the ground. The two approached me and the one with the shadow quirk, which now that I could see them side by side, I could tell was a male, pulled out a knife. I removed his quirk only for my restraints to be replaced by mist immediately, "You fought well Eraserhead, but it is time for you to go." The male stated and moved the end me when something unexpected happened, a wall of what looked like water came between me and them preventing them from hurting me. I looked around trying to find the person who saved me only to see what looked like a child standing with their hand held towards me.

My dark eyes locked with the icy blue ones of child for a moment and could see no fear in them which shook me to the core. Before I could even think to tell them to get out of here, I could hear one the two I was fighting snap at the child, "Burukku, get back inside now! This does not concern you!" with what sounded like a female voice. The child remained unmoved before they spoke, "You may be my parents but I will never be like you and I will not let you kill him!" the child who I could now tell was female spoke out in such a strong voice, there was no fear in it, in fact it almost felt like they were certain they could stop them. "Get back inside before we have to punish you." The male said sternly which didn't cause the child to move. The adults looked at the unmoved child before sighing, "Have it your way then." The male said before turning his shadows on the child.