Chapter Two: I'm Taking Her

Third Person's POV:

Aizawa found himself sitting in the police station after he had finished dealing with the criminals. He didn't know why, actually, he wouldn't admit to himself why he was waiting there; in one of the interview rooms just down the hall from where he was sitting was the little girl who had fought to save him. Aizawa wouldn't admit the fact that he was curious about the girl and was wondering how she came to be there and what would happen to her next. He was lost in thought when Tsukauchi stepped out of the room where his young saviour was being held. He snapped out of his thoughts when Tsukauchi approached him and waited for him to speak, "Her name is Hattori Burukku." He stated knowing that was the hero's main question before motioning to the observation room which overlooked Burukku's room. Aizawa made his way into the room but stayed silent waiting for him to continue filling him in on what he found out, "She's ten years old and the people you fought are her parents." Tsukauchi continued finally looking at the tired man. "Do you know why she was there? She wasn't with them when they were stealing the jewelry." Aizawa stated in a tone that mostly held uninterest but he couldn't prevent the small amount of interest that wormed its way into his tone. "She said that she heard something outside the house and when she saw what was happening, she didn't even think before she rushed to your aid. She has actually been very helpful and forthcoming about anything that she knows." Tsukauchi said to the tired hero. When he got no response he continued, "The only law she broke is using her quirk without a license which the charge would most likely not stick because in that situation she had no choice. We've been trying to find any family that could take custody of her but we're coming up with nothing." He looked through the one-way glass when he finished just looking at the young girl who was making small balls of water float around her hands.

"What's her quirk?" was the only thing Aizawa asked as he had not figured it out yet. His question caused Tsukauchi to look over at him with a soft smile on his face, usually Aizawa would never take such interest in people he's saved; then again, it isn't everyday that he gets saved by a child. "Advanced water manipulation." Tsukauchi responded causing Aizawa to look at him with confusion in his eyes prompting Tsukauchi to elaborate, "Her control of water is the most advanced that's ever been seen. She was explaining some of the things she can do and it's actually kinda amazing. Obviously, you know she can heal people and create walls that can act like shields; but how she explained it, water holds memories and she can show what happened somewhere just by pulling the water in an environment. She can also pull memories from a person and even share her own. Aside from that she can create weapons out of it and even change the temperature of it." He explained which caused Aizawa's eyes to widen as he looked back at the young girl, "How does she know so much about her quirk? What are it's drawbacks?" he asked in response to the barrage of information he received.

Tsukauchi sighed at his questions before he explained, "This is where her story turns kind of sad, her parents forced her to train and train every day until she dropped. She's trained so much she knows everything her quirk limits and capabilities. On top of that she has trained so much that her drawbacks barely affect her anymore. Her drawbacks though are exhaustion, dehydration, headaches and nausea; considering the strength of her quirk she has very minor side effects." Tsukauchi finished without taking his eyes off Burukku. "What's going to happen to her?" Aizawa asked though he already knew the answer, "If nobody comes forward to look after her then she will be put in an orphanage." Tsukauchi responded still not looking away from her before he said something that pulled Aizawa's heart strings even more, "You know, all she's ever wanted to be is a hero; considering how she grew up that's a pretty amazing dream." He then turned and left the room leaving Aizawa along watching Burukku.

When Aizawa stepped out of the room, having finally made a decision about what he was going to do, Tsukauchi was standing in the hall holding the paperwork he somehow knew Aizawa was going to need. Aizawa sighed before moving to the nearest vacant desk to start the hours of paperwork, he was slightly agitated about Tsukauchi's ability to predict what he was going to do in this situation but at the same time he couldn't bring himself to dedicate that much effort entertaining his agitation. After a few hours of paperwork his friends arrived back at the station after finishing their patrols to check in and see how he was coming along with what had happened, to say they were shocked with his decision was an understatement. "What do you mean you're taking her?!" the two asked in shock, "It's exactly as it sounds, I'm taking her. She has the dream to be a hero and, given the proper training and better opportunities, she could become an amazing hero." Was Aizawa's response as he continued the paperwork. His friends staired at him in slight shock before Midnight excused herself and stepped away leaving the two boys alone. "Are you sure about this Shota?" was the only thing Mic asked, "This is a huge responsibility." He continued causing Aizawa to pause on the paper he was working on and turn to him, "I know that. Why should she not get the same opportunity to help the world as everyone else? She may have been born to criminals but that doesn't mean she wants to be like them, and I can see the potential in her." He stated before turning back to the papers.

Midnight returned a few minutes later and before anyone could ask what she had been up to she spoke, "I just called Nezu and he wants to meet her as soon as he can, he wants to know what she is capable of and how she responds to different things." Aizawa's head snapped to her when he heard what she had said, "Why did you call him?" he asked bitterly to which Midnight smiled, "You're going to need help with her, she might be a good kid but everyone needs help at some point when it comes to raising children. We want to be here for you and help how we can, even if it's just in training her." She explained smile never leaving her face. "Now," she started again, "where is she? I want to properly meet her!"

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying this story so far! There wasn't much interaction with Burukku this chapter but there will be more in the following chapters! I'm also working on the next chapter to my other story so that'll be up soon! If there is anything you think should be included in this story please don't be shy, leave a comment and I'll try to incorporate it!

I want to remind you all that no matter what I'm here for you all and I am always up to talk to anyone who needs it! Remember that I love you all and support you no matter what! I'll always be in your corner and I'm cheering you all on! Be strong, you can do and make it through anything!

Thank you all again for reading and remember that I love you all!

~Avery