⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 𝟎𝟑 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝚘𝚑 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝, 𝚒 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚝

               "𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐄," Tony hurried over to his sister after he spotted her. He shook her shoulder, not letting her flinch away. Steve let go of her and stepped back.

"The gun shots-" Tony stopped her.

"I know." Tony repeated himself, wrapping his arms around her.
"I couldn't save her." Lexie let out a choked sobbed.

"I know, Lex. It wasn't your fault." Tony whispered in her ear, bringing her to his chest. It was clear she was suffering from PTSD but she was refusing to accept that she needed help. Tony wanted to tell her that she needed to see the therapist like the hospital had suggested, not because she needed to get back to performing surgery but because her PTSD was causing her major anxiety. But he knew better than to bring it up at the moment. "Come on." Tony led her to where he and Bruce had been doing their work on Ultron as the others gathered the remains from the buggy suit Ultron had borrowed before following them. Lexie had calmed down. There had been no tears. Just fear and panic. The others were curious as to what she had meant but didn't mention her episode, only shared confused looks with each other. Lexie shifted under their gazes but stood close to her brother, focussing on helping him and Bruce.

"All your work is gone." Lexie informed Bruce and Tony. Tony was staring at the remains of one of his old buggy suits - the one Ultron had used. Bruce was helping her go through the computers.

"Ultron cleared out." Bruce carried on as Lexie went through the computers. She has a pHd in computer engineering as something she did on the side. It was more like a hobby. She was lucky that she had a photographic memory. "He used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve whispered to himself in complete shock.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha spoke up, crossing her arms over her chest.

"He's in your files. He's in your internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey told the group his worry, pacing the room.

"Nuclear codes." Lexie spoke up at the same time as Maria, but her voice wasn't as loud.

"Nuclear codes." Steve repeated, nodding as he rested a hand on the desk beside him.

"Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey explained, holding an ice pack to his shoulder.

"Steve, let me tend to your forehead." Lexie whispered to the solider, walking up to him.

"I'm okay Lexie," Steve wanted to focus on the problem at hand but Tony interrupted them.

"Steve, just let her. She's desperate to sew someone back up. Please." Tony told him, shocking everyone that he had used the word 'please'. Steve nodded, watching as Natasha handed Lexie a medical box. Steve lent against the table, facing Lexie as she stood in between his legs. He kept his eyes on her face as she used a cotton ball and some cleaning alcohol to wipe away the blood from the cut. It wasn't serious and only needed a few stitches. Steve's face scrunched up a little from the slight sting, but he could barely feel the cut. Lexie was completely concentrated on her work however. After cleaning the cut she carefully took the needle and what she would use to suture the small wound. He probably could have most definitely survived without needing any form of medical attention but Lexie was dying to do something, even if it was just a simple suture which she learnt in her first year of Med School. She looked at the needle and frowned as she attempted to get the string through the tiny hole. Her hand shook, making her annoyed and frustrated with herself. The others carried on, with Steve listening in on them while also concentrating on Lexie and her struggle. He wanted to ask if she needed help but he didn't want to point out that she needed it.