⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 𝟎𝟓 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢

               𝐓𝐇𝐄 whole team made it back to the ship, Bruce back to normal but knocked out. Natasha had exited her dream state but was really shaken up by whatever she had seen. Thor and Steve had shaken it off much quicker but still seemed to be questioning what they had saw. Lexie didn't know how to comfort any of them. As soon as Tony had reentered the ship she had fallen into his arms, hugging him like her life depended on it. Nobody else needed any medical attention, which she was sort of thankful for because her hand had gone back to intensely shaking. She watched with sad eyes as Bruce curled up with the blanket wrapped around him, restless as he regretted what he had done. It was all over the news. The Hulk destroying buildings and nearly hurting a lot of people.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air." Maria told them from the Avengers building, on the screen by the pilot station. Clint was flying to quinjet but none of them knew where he was taking them.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?" Maria asked them all, concerned.

"Everyone's..." Tony paused, "we took a hit. We'll shake it off." Tony muttered.

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here." Maria advised them.

"So, run and hide?" Tony scoffed.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." She unfortunately informed them all.

"Neither do we." Tony sighed sadly before switching off the monitor showing the ended call with Maria.

"Hey, you wanna switch out?" Lexie heard her brother ask Clint.

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out." Clint responded, keeping his eyes in front of him.

"A few hours from where?" Lexie asked, sat on the floor with her back against the wall and her feet pulled up to her chest.

"A safe house." Was all he gave them as an answer.

A little while later while Lexie was trying to get some sleep but completely failing Steve walked up to her and sat down beside her. He looked uncomfortable sat down on the floor with his suit still on.

"Please do not ask me if I'm okay," Lexie begged him, opening her eyes.

"I won't." He smiled softly down at her.

"Thanks." She smiled back, grateful.

"You gonna tell me why you suffer from PTSD?" He offered to listen.

"I don't-" he cut her off.

"Don't lie." She was glad the two of them were keeping their voices to a whisper so no one else could hear their conversation.

"God you Avengers are nosy." She felt like she wanted to spill everything to him. But they barely knew each other. Just because she talked to him for months when he was unconscious didn't mean she wanted to do so when he was conscious.

"I'll wait until you're ready to tell me." He told her patiently. "But you can always talk to me."

"Thank you Steve." She smiled softly, yawning a little.