Chapter 4 - Relictus

This is the trigger warning for this chapter. It contains many writings of active abuse against Izuku including a knife, this content is very extreme. Please take care of yourselves and stop if need be, consider your mental state before reading. If anyone needs a recap of the chapter, comment here and I'll provide one. Thank you guys for reading! :)

Relictus - (Latin) Left behind

_____________

Jackie was about half a block away from Midoriya, she was easily able to keep track of the boy's bright green hair that bobbed up and down as he limped along. He was leading her into a shadier part of town, it had buildings falling apart all around and drug deals were known to be very common in the area.

She followed the boy until he stopped in a neighborhood -one slightly less dangerous as the open part of town- in front of an apartment complex. Midoriya enters the building whilst Jackie walks up to the building. It was only then that she realized how hard the wind was blowing making it hard to hear anything going on around her, and also causing her dark black hair to whip into her eyes.

She pulled her hair up into a bun, successfully clearing up her vision once again. Jackie stared up at the apartment building, it was decently obvious that almost no one lived there. Random parts had crumbled off revealing rooms of apartments, which didn't seem to be in any better condition then the frame they were on.

Jackie decided that she should make sure that Midoriya would be ok, but knew that the process of doing so was complicated. She couldn't simply report her suspicions to the police, that would potentially put Midoriya in more danger with whoever he was living with, and hell knows that the police don't have the competency to hold any sort of tact around people in these situations. It would be better if she could bring in enough evidence for police to make an arrest immediately without putting Midoriya in more danger.

Jackie decided quickly that she should try and collect evidence, but she couldn't just leave a video recorder in the window, that would be painfully obvious. Deciding on a strong audio recorder, she knew that if she used her quirk that the recorder would be able to pick up any noises throughout the small apartment.

It was times like these that Jackie truly appreciated her quirk, the ability to obtain random quirks from the cards provided by her quirk each day. Quickly pulling out an ability enhancer quirk along with a different card that allowed her to create objects, she quickly applied the enhancer to the recorder she made.

Jackie's quirk is called Card King, it gives her the ability to summon a deck of cards a day, each of which are the equivalent to one quirk. Each card can be used five times before disappearing. The jokers in the deck stay the same in any deck, the black colored ones contain the ability to take away a quirk for any amount of time while the white colored jokers overclocks a quirk for the same time.

Jackie left the recorder on the underside of the window, simply hoping that Midoriya wouldn't see her and suspect her of spying. Even if she was doing it for a good reason.

For the next few days the recorder came up with almost nothing but white noise. There was an occasional scuffle of a noise, presumably something being moved around or Midoriya bumping into something.

There was nothing more to serve as evidence for Jackie, she was forced to take back the recorder once it had died, although she decided to pass by the building everyday to make sure. Jackie was confused by the lack of noise, she knew that normal household had talking, but Midoriya's house contained none. She didn't even hear steps from someone other than Midoriya himself, but she couldn't invade his privacy any longer. Jackie didn't have any harder evidence than a hunch and that wouldn't fly in court.