Chapter 35 - Sospes

(Tw!) I don't really know what to put here, but there is a slight breakdown, so if you're extra sensitive I'd skip this one. : ) The little rant that comes after this is a bit long so its totally fine to skip it lol

So I'm pretty proud because I finally wrote this. I'm really hoping that now that I'm away from my toxic friends that I can recover. I realized that I'm only able to write when I'm in a really good headspace and since I haven't been there in a long time I haven't been writing. I'm really hoping that this new chapter marks a sort of healing in my life. Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments I can't tell you how much they mean to me. As an artist and writer I constantly feel the need for recognition and support, and you guys help me with that so much, so thank you again!

Also, in the middle of my hiatus I was faced with one person who would constantly comment things that borderlined on mean. I tried my best to respond to these nicely but got no response (this reminded me a lot of the breakup with my friends lol) so I just wanted to say that if anyone at all has any serious contentions with my writing that they should consider the words they use and how they carry online. I know that the words can sometimes be skewed without even meaning and I am totally forgiving of this, but if you genuinely don't like my writing don't read it. The person who was commenting was super mad at my use of the word lifeless to describe Izuku (first off, that's literally the title of the fic) because he wasn't actually dead, but it was from the perspective of someone who thought he was dead. Even if it wasn't and I used the wrong word, I am an amateur writer who does this for my love of writing for FREE. Please do not insult my story because you don't like it, I know none of you can see my face but I am a real person with real feelings. I don't deserve to be insulted online for something as dumb as that. I absolutely love the community that surrounds my fics and I don't want it to be soured by someone that is rude and mean for no reason. My wonderful readers don't deserve that, and neither do I. So if you just so happen to be considering leaving a comment insulting my words used, please don't. If you want to add constructive criticism, that is welcomed, I just want this fic to remain as healthy and happy as I have always seen it. I love all comments that are trying to improve my writing and I want to make it clear that those are welcome, but if someone reading this doesn't think that my writing is worth reading, don't read it at all. I lose nothing if someone who hates my story leaves, it would only benefit both of us. So before you comment on something you dislike, please leave. I won't change the words I use or my writing style to accommodate a rude stranger online. 

This is the last draft I have, so if I don't find the time to write this week, the update might be a little late. State testing is happening, I'm going to get my permit soon, and I have final projects for class ending soon so I have a lot of work lol. 

Sospes - Safe and sound; unscathed

_________

Izuku woke up in a panic. His head shot up and his eyes opened as fast as he could force them. A soft flurry of fur at his feet jolted at his sudden movement, but calmed when no danger was detected.

Tears fell from Izuku's eyes as he caught sight of the pale yellow fur lying on his feet, soft sobs escaping his mouth as Miso meowed gently at him, the cat attempted to console his sobbing owner.

Had Dabi escaped and let Miso out? How did the cat find him? Questions raced through Izuku's mind, but he ignored all of them in favor of pulling his comforter into a tight hug.

"I love you" Izuku cried into Miso's fur, repeating the phrase until his voice cracked with exhaustion.

A gentle paw placed on his nose encouraging him to look at its owner softly. Izuku sobbed more at the action, his eyes red and puffy.

"It's not safe out here." he murmured into the soft orange fur, "We need shelter, and cat food." He added after a soft moment of consideration.

The snaps and pops of his bones echoed across the dark alley as Izuku stood, a small grunt of effort leaving his lips as he straightened and realigned his back, Miso still clutched close against his chest. Thoughts of his slim escape left his mind through the aches and pains of standing. It didn't matter, all that did matter was that he was alive now.

Izuku took a tentative first step before pausing to listen for any sort of noise. When nothing happened he took more tentative steps towards the entrance of the alley, a soft light entering from the open area.

Soft matted hair could be spotted poking out from behind the wall, Izuku's eyes following shortly after. Izuku watched his surroundings for a few minutes, listening for the footsteps of anyone that could be following him or any strangers passing by.

The sky was dimming quickly, he noticed. That meant that he had been asleep for a few hours since the USJ raid. Since Miso had been returned to him, that meant Dabi was safe and alive at the base, and that the villains were distracted enough that they did not intend to take him back at that moment. If they did, they would've made sure to keep Miso as a playing card. If they were distracted did that mean that the plan failed? Izuku hoped so, but knew that there would be no way to tell.

Izuku knew that he could attempt to track down the base, but his curiosity only went so far and he was unwilling to put himself in that sort of danger.

Taking a full step outside of the constricting alley, Izuku took one last look around his surroundings before he started walking in a random direction. He didn't know where he was but he knew that he was close to the USJ dome, and that it was owned by UA. His old home was an hour away from UA, so it was somewhat reasonable to assume he wasn't too far away from there.

Could he return to his old home?

As soon as the question flashed in his mind Izuku banished it. His mother was still there, and she would never let him back, let alone allow him back with a cat and villains following him.

Izuku sighed softly, his breath billowing in front of him as a soft fog. It was getting colder and his fingers were beginning to turn numb, but Izuku kept walking forward.

The cold air stirred gently around his head as Izuku spotted a decrepit building, his steps gaining momentum as he was eager to be sheltered from the cold.

When entering, Izuku listened carefully. Hearing nothing once more he continued on into the middle of the building.

Streams of light from the moon came from the roof and the walls and corners held mounds of dead leaves and moss that gave off the smell of forest floor mold. It wasn't something strange for Izuku, as many buildings by his house had been given the same treatment and they ended the same way. The cities did not care to keep these sections of the city pretty, so abandoned buildings rotted casually and often.

The building appeared to be an old warehouse, with a basic empty first floor and a set of old stairs leading up to a deserted lofted area. It seemed that the stairs originally led to an office, but the walls had been toppled leading to the building being laid out more like a barn.

Izuku didn't mind either way. The building would suffice.