Chapter 15 - Aliquis Novis

(Tw!) This chapter contains extensive mentions of fighting/running, please stop here and ask for a recap if you need one : ) I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, so I hope you guys enjoy :p

Alquis Novis - (Latin) Someone strange.

__________

Midoriya woke slowly, painfully. Nothing seemed real for those moments, his conscious flying above his body, unable to connect to the rational side of his brain. It was a strange experience, but not something he was completely inexperienced with. Many times Midoriya had woken up from a beating in this state, though he never quite knew why it happened. The only thing he had ever learned about this was that it would always take a long time for his body to reconnect to his mind.

And a long time it did take. Izuku wasn't able to keep track of time, but with his fuzzy mind he was still able to recognize the long duration. He only became fully aware when a screeching cell door swung inwardly towards him. In that split second his mind snapped back into its rightful place and his head moved to stare at the person entering the cell.

Seeing the doctor, who he now knew as Ujiko, standing there in no way surprised him, though what did was his body's reaction to the man. Instead of staying in the same position like he usually did when the doctor attempted to retrieve him, he unintentionally jolted up and to the back of his cell.

Ujiko murmured under his breath at the motion, only somewhat surprised by it. Afterall, he was here to judge if Midoriya had fully taken in the quirk.

The doctor motioned an assistant in, he couldn't drug Midoriya to move him this time, so the best option would have one of the henchmen to do it for him. The man he summoned was strong, and along with that had a strength quirk, the details of which Ujiko never bothered to remember in favor of saving "brain space" for his more important projects.

The man entered the cell slowly, ignoring Ujiko's rushing words and motions in favor of staring down the small boy huddled in the corner. He of course wasn't high enough in the ranks to know much about the subjects or the tests run on them, but his quirk told him everything he needed to know.

His muscled exterior made for a wonderful fake quirk, his real one being another addition to his spying skill set. "Read" was its name, giving the man the ability to read information of a target above its head, whether it be an object or living thing. Though none of the people working here knew of it.

The man operated under the hero commission, aiding a few agencies when they asked of him. This mission, was to locate the operation building of a human trafficking ring run by a solo man, though he knew he stumbled across much more when he first toured the building.

The man waited until Midoriya stared back at him, before winking lighty, trying to indicate his allegiance with the boy. Midoriya didn't believe him. Many times people had come into his cells, acting happy and nice, only a few minutes later to inflict horrendous amounts of pain without batting an eye.

Midoriya refused to move when the man motioned for him, not reacting to any words from the man either. It was starting to irritate him, couldn't the boy realize that he was going to save him? Surely he was being nice to the boy, why didn't he realize?

Ujiko was starting to get angry, he had called the man to wrangle Midoriya, not try to communicate with the boy.

With a few mumbled curses aimed his way, the man started advancing on Midoriya, holding his hands out in what was supposed to be taken as a surrendering motion, but was mistaken as blocking off his exits.

Midoriya tensed, fully prepared to ignore his aching limbs and sprint away from Ujiko and the man, not caring about the obvious frustration on either of the mens' faces, it was almost humorous to him.