Chapter 40 - Fortuna Caeca Est

(Tw!)Cussing, verbal abuse, and threatening! This is just a really short filler chapter, but I have a few more lined up so updates will frequent for a while.

Thank you for reading as always, and I hope you guys have a great day :)

Fortuna caeca est - Fate is blind

________________

Hisashi stood in the middle of his trashed office, chest heaving with exhaustion. He turned to face Dabi and Shigaraki standing across from him.

"How the fuck did you lose one of our most valueable assets!?" He pointed at Shigaraki, "I was Promised that the boy was trained. That he wouldn't run away." He seethed, eyes pointed at Dabi, glaring straight through the man.

Both boys had their heads hung in shame, knowing that it would be one of the only ways they would survive this interaction.

"Both of you are too valuable to kill, but just know that I want to murder both of you right now." Hisashi gritted out, his powers flaring and spreading out in the room sporadically. "I'm assigning both of you to find him. At all costs." Hisashi muttered, turning his back as a sign of dismissal.

Dabi and Shigaraki left the room in a hurry, escaping the tense atmosphere with haste. Both walked side by side silently until they reached the dorm level of the building.

Stopping outside the door, Shigaraki turned to Dabi slowly. "I know you let the boy go." he muttered, glancing around to make sure no one saw, "and I didn't care until it had repercussions on me," he sneered, "so fix it before I tell All For One.

Shigaraki pushed through the doors immediately following his statement, leaving Dabi to think about his actions in the hall before Dabi's hand blocked the door from closing.

"I won't hunt him down," Dabi said resolutely, "and I won't hurt him. He doesn't deserve that."

Shigaraki laughed at Dabi as if he was insane. "You will find him. Or else I'll be forced to have you killed." he turned around a final time, letting the door fall on Dabi's fingers.