Chapter 11 - Paenitet Me

(Tw!) This chapter contains mentions of death and vomiting (gross) So if you need it, I'll provide a recap in the comments here : ) Anyway, fun fact, 52.7% of arson is done out of revenge. And just remember that I'm always open to talk, and most likely very bored. (This is also a very short chapter). Edit: So I started a doc a while ago just to keep track of all of the songs/books/movies etc that I wanted to watch, then I ended up adding my irl friends so they could add to it and look around, but then I figured I could ask any of you if you wanted to join it. I've been going through the things on there and rating them in blue and saying what I thought about different things. If anybody wants I can add them as a reader, and they can comment any suggestions that I can add and they can look through too! So far I have a section for Wattpad stories (it only has two stories so far, and I haven't read either of them), real books, webtoons/manhwas, kdramas (or things that have that style), animes, songs (with sub sections for different type songs), non-anime shows (some animated), and podcasts (most of which I found off of a list with only women hosts), and a few artists I wanted to check out! so if anybody wants to join, just shoot me your email and I'll add you! <3<3

Paenitet me - (Latin) I am sorry

_________________

Afo walked down the hallway, his boots clicking on the tile loudly. It was the only sound nearby, as everyone else had felt him coming and avoided him. He moved quickly, his snow white hair bounced in sync with his steps as he passed by the blood stained walls. He had grown to ignore them, after all, it was his fault they were that way in the first place.

Afo stopped at a large metal door, quickly pulling it open. His footfalls were strangely quick, usually he would walk slowly, intimidatingly. But today he had somewhere to be, and he couldn't be brought to care about that. Today, a masterpiece was being made.

On the other side of the door was the doctor's lab, blood stains littering every inch, and torture instuments that he called surgical equipment, adjourning trays along the counters. Afo found the room slightly disgusting, but had never commented on it extensively. Ujiko had mentioned that in any other conditions he did not work as well, so Hisashi accepted it anyway. He did, after all, need the man for the league to function as well as it did. The doctor supplied them with the secret of making Nomus, and he was a brilliant mind. Afo had no doubt that the doctor would be able to turn Izuku into one of their greatest weapons yet. Hisashi had great hopes for the boy, and he knew the doctor would be able to achieve them.

Ujiko stood in the middle of the room, his eyes held a crazed look, one that Hisashi was strangely used to. The doctor held an empty syringe in his hand while Izuku spasmed beneath it. It was obvious that it was the drug's doing, but Hisashi didn't mind that. What he did mind was being called here without prompting for an unclear reason from Ujiko.

"Why did you call me here?" Hisashi spoke up after a beat of silence, still completely ignoring Izuku.

Ujiko giggled -reminding Hisashi of a school girl- whilst rubbing his hands together. He was quite obviously excited, and Hisashi knew that it was because of Izuku.

"Well! I was doing the standard procedure, but it wouldn't take!" Afo frowned, and this was good news? His confusion elicited a startled look from Ujiko before he realized that his explanation was too vague. "That means that he might be able to take a quirk directly! Some of the power behind it won't be lost like in the serums! This is wonderful news! Wonderful!" Hisashi nodded, attempting to wrap his head around the confusion that was Izuku's quirk.

Both men were drawn out of their thoughts by retching behind them, both turning to see Izuku hunched over and puking out his guts, quite literally. Ujiko took one glance before turning back to Afo, an almost dejected look on his face. "That is how his body gets rid of the quirk serum, making me believe that his quirk targets anything that it deems a threat and expelling it. His quirk is most likely trauma based, and I hate to waste all of that serum." Ujiko frowned deeply, almost pouting. Hisashi didn't bat an eye at the man's strange display, used to the childlike glee that he held whilst experimenting. Instead he walked closer to Izuku, who was now passed out and slumped over, almost falling off of the table.

Afo gripped the boy's face, turning it to look at him. For a few moments he simply stared at the boy, before he let go of his head. Izuku's skull made a dull bang against the metal table, but none in the room particularly cared. Hisashi had hoped to see some semblance of himself in the boy, but the tests were true. Izuku was not his. Izuku's curly hair had certainly not come from him, the boy's freckles came from neither him nor Inko. Nothing about Izuku resembled Hisashi.

Afo walked away loudly, ordering Ujiko to call him when Izuku was ready to try another quirk. In the meantime, he was going to fill out paperwork in his office, or maybe inform Shigaraki of his latest weapon.

As he walked, Hisashi recalled Inko. He had partially forgotten about her in light of the nomu escape, along with Izuku's. He recalled the casualty list laying on his desk, amongst many other related papers, but he hadn't brought himself to go through them yet. He would do those now, he decided. And if Inko hadn't died yet, he would ask Shigaraki to handle that for him. He knew that the boy needed the practice anyway. Maybe if Hisashi allowed him some free reign over her torture, then he would stop rebelling as much. Yes, perfect! Now all he had to do was search for his wife's name in the casualty list.