Chapter 9 - perdita spe

Trigger warning for this chapter! It contains scenes of kidnapping, wounds (and mentions of treatments of said wounds), and fighting. As always, tell me if I should add anything here, and I'll provide a chapter summary to anyone who asks for it in the comments : ) I love y'all, I hope you have a good day! (Or night, I'm writing this months before I post it ;p) (Edit: Technically it is Monday morning when I'm posting this, soooo I am sticking to my schedule :P)

Perdita Spe - (Latin) Lost hope

________________________

Aizawa jumped from rooftop to rooftop with practiced ease, all the while listening for any signs of someone in danger. There had been a few rustles in alleyways, most being cats or that one stray possum that Aizawa knew wandered around. It didn't harm anyone so he let it be. (Though he did see it once cuddling up to one of the civilians, so maybe it had become reliant on them for food.)

Another rustling came from an alleyway, and Aizawa didn't think anything of it but decided to investigate anyway. He wanted to hurry up and finish his patrol, he missed Yamada, and the weather was cold and damp, only adding to the need to finish his patrol. Aizawa doubted that there would be any villains out at the moment, the atmosphere entirely wrong for meet-ups, drug deals, or whatever else villains did. Not to mention that his patrol was at the ungodly hour of three am, not even villains would dare wreak havoc at this time. Most opted to cause destruction at dusk or earlier.

Aizawa followed the noise, perching himself on the edge of a building so that he could oversee the alley. Below him was completely bathed in shadows. Aizawa allowed his eyes to adjust, knowing that they were used to the assistance of streetlights. The sight that greeted him had Aizawa reeling back in disgust, almost failing at holding down his dinner.

A boy lay in the middle, a puddle of blood slowly gathering around him whilst random smears surrounded him. Aizawa assumed that the boy had been attempting to move, but wasn't able to, especially considering that his legs weren't pointed the right ways.

Aizawa jumped down quickly, landing a fair way away from the boy in an attempt to not scare him, which ultimately failed when the boy flinched back and moved his hand to cover his mouth. Trying to stifle a scream, was what Aizawa guessed the motion meant, but he didn't have time to deliberate on it more before he saw the tears escaping the boy's eyes.

Aizawa put his hands out in front of him, stepping forwards slowly. He didn't know what was going to set off the boy, nor what danger his quirk presented while scared, so Aizawa tried to be as unthreatening as possible.

The boy attempted to back up, but was stopped by a jolt of pain. More tears escaped his eyes while Aizawa started trying to talk to him, whispering comforting to the boy.

None of the words seemed to pierce the boy's mind, a haze present over his eyes. Aizawa recognized that nothing he was saying was understood by the boy, who was probably in too much pain to actually listen. Aizawa continued his words of encouragement anyway, hoping that the boy would at least recognize his tone.

Aizawa continued stepping towards him, ignoring the flinches that wracked the boy's body. Normally he would tread at the victim's pace, but he was afraid that if he didn't rush that the boy would lose too much blood. Getting the boy to a hospital was his highest priority, and he knew he had to overstep some boundaries to achieve it.

Aizawa retracted his fingers into his sleeve, trying to be as discreet as possible, and aimed for the button that called for an ambulance. Once he felt the small plastic piece, he pushed on it, receiving a small buzz in response.

Aizawa took another step forward, noticing that the boy's head had started to sway forward, as if he was struggling to stay awake. It was then that Aizawa recognized the emerald green hair and eyes, immediately connecting them to the missing Izuku Midoriya.