Chapter 5 (Alyssa)

*3days later, after school*

Asher and I walked out of school. I hadn't done any investigating since Asher got grounded. It just didn't feel right and I didn't have the time to question my dad. Once Asher wasn't grounded anymore we got back to investigating. The first thing we headed back to Tara's cabin.

As soon as we walked through the door we were stopped in our tracks by the sight of my Dad sitting at the table.

"Dad..what..are you doing here I thought you two weren't talking?" Tara and my dad seemed just as shocked to see Asher and me as we did them.

"Um...what are you doing here? And how do you know we weren't talking?" my dad asked looking at me then at Tara.

"Ash and I are helping Tara stop Parker Adams and she told us about you two not talking. So again, what are you doing here?" I asked, confused and still wondering why after 17 years they were talking again.

Ignoring my original questions my dad turned to Tara and asked, "Why are they helping you?"

"Because we need all the help we can get," Tara said

"Fine, you guys can help." My dad agreed reluctantly.

"Yes!" Asher and I said at the same time and fist-bumped.

"So how are we going to stop this vampire from killing Alyssa and Mr.Green?" Asher asked, finally stepping into the cabin.

"Better question why does he want to kill us?" I ask

"Because he's mad that I married your father and not him," Tara explained.

"And he is a psychopath," Asher muttered. I could barely hear it but apparently, my dad heard it.

"Yes he is a psychopath," my dad said.

"Do you know him?" Asher questioned.

" Yes, I met him when I first met Tara, they were dating."

"Wait, if you are married and you left Parker for my dad then why did you leave me? Do you not like me? " I was genuinely curious. After 17 years she comes back out of nowhere and I couldn't wait to ask anymore. Did she not want me?

"Oh, honey I did, DO, love you. I had to chase Parker away from you and Jimmy so he didn't kill you. I was going to come back when he was dead but that never happened.

"Now he's here and we have to get rid of him for good," I said taking a deep breath and trying to process what I was just told. 

"So how are we going to stop him?" Asher asked

"Well if he is here he has to have someplace to stay, so we just have to find out where he is hiding and then kill him," Dad said.

"Hey Jimmy, can I talk to you over there?" Tara asked nodding to the other room. 

"Yeah?" he replied confused by the secrecy.

When they left I turned to Asher to see he was just as confused as I was. "What was that?" I asked

"I don't know but I think it might have something to do with what they were talking about before we came in."

"You think?" I said worriedly.

After about 15 mins they came back with worried expressions on their faces. I was confused and worried and had to ask "What is it?" I asked, stepping away from the table with all the cool books. 

 "Alyssa we have something to tell you," Tara said,

"We think you are a witch, like your mother," my dad said.

"WHAT?" Both Asher and I said at the same time.