Chapter 2

Tara brought us to the cabin and both Asher and I were terrified that she was going to kill us because we found her house which we still don't know how it got there.

"So what do you want?" I asked, I was trying to act tough, but it wasn't working. We were all standing near the door inside the cabin Asher next to me and Tara in front of us. The inside of the cabin looked the same as before. The table, chair, and books, all where they had been yesterday.

"I just want to talk, I don't want to hurt you. Oh my God, you are so beautiful!" Tara came right in front of me and took my face in her hands, she was beginning to freak me out. Tara took a step back, "I am so sorry, let me introduce myself, hi, my name is Tara and I am your mother." She said this very calmly like she was trying not to freak me out.  It didn't matter my stomach dropped from the surprise of this news. I looked at Asher and he looked just as shocked as me. I was officially freaking out. My dad never talked about my mom, all he said was that she left when I was a baby and nothing else.

"No, you can't be. My dad said that my mom left when I was a baby, nothing about that she was a crazy witch!" I couldn't believe this.

"First I am not crazy I-" 

Asher cut her off, " you live in a house in the middle of a forest and you steal kids from school! I would say you are a little crazy!" he said angrily. Asher was angry that someone is lying and scared that she is not.

"Ok, maybe I'm a little crazy but in my defense, I have not spoken to a person in like 16 years so..." She trailed off. Tara said 16...that is how old I am and if she left when I was a baby.

"So let's say you are my mom why are you here now?" I asked.

"I am your mom!" Tara shouted. I rolled my eyes, still not fully believing what she was saying. "A vampire is after you, his name is Parker Adams, and he is trying to kill you and your father."

"What?!" Asher and I said at the same time looking at each other still shocked "one, vampires exist and two, if they do why would one want to kill me and my dad, what do they have against us?" I asked for both of us.

"He doesn't have anything against you, it is me he wants to kill." She looked down like she was embarrassed. "He wants to kill you and your father to get back at me."

This was too much, I couldn't process it anymore, I was mad, confused, and just wanted to go home. "I am going home," I said in response to Tara's news. I started to walk out, before leaving I turned and said, "thank you, this was a great family reunion, it really was, but my dad will get worried if I don't get home. Bye," I waved before turning back around, and with that Asher and I left. We each went to our separate houses needing time alone to process all we just heard.

On the way home I was thinking 'I had no idea who this person was two days ago and now she claims to be my mom and she says that a vampire, a freakin vampire, is hunting me and my dad! I mean who would believe her? She's crazy! Right? I need to talk to my dad.'

When I got home I immediately went to my dad. I had so many questions.

"Hey, Dad, can we talk about mom" was the first thing I said when I entered my house.

"Sure, why?" He looked confused.

"Um..." I had no idea how to start this "I think I just met her"

"Where is she? Why is she here?" He asked, now more confused.

"She said that she was here to kill a vampire that wants to kill us. She also said that she is a witch but that can't be true, can it?"

"Of course not, um, when did you meet her" he didn't sound sure when he said that witches aren't real. I hate it when people keep things from me, especially when it's my dad.

"She is in that caban that I told you about yesterday."

"Ok..um you are going to take the day off from school tomorrow."

"Why am I taking the day off? Is she telling the truth? Is there a guy after us? " I was getting more upset with each question. First, someone claims to be my mother, which apparently is true, and some guy named Parker wants to kill me and my dad, and to top it all off my father knows all about it and is keeping things from me.

"Sweety, I know this is hard to understand but I will explain it all just trust me." 

I turn and stomp my way upstairs to my bedroom, Asher and I will just have to figure this out on our own.

When I got to my bedroom and shut the door I called Asher right away.

Alyssa- "Hey Ash how are things?"

Asher- "Things are good. Did you talk to your dad?"

Alyssa- "Yeah I did and apparently everything Tara said was true!"

Asher-" What! So she really is your mom and a witch?!"

Alyssa-" Yeah and a vampire is really after me and my dad. Also, I'm not going to school tomorrow, I think my dad is scared that the vampire will get me at school. I'll try a sneak out tomorrow when you get out of school."

Asher- "Ok, be careful, I got to go."

Alyssa- "Bye"

Asher-" Bye"