Chapter 1

H! My name is Alyssa Green and this is my best friend Asher and this is the story of how we stopped a vampire.

Asher and I were walking home from school. He was staying at my house to do homework. To get to my house you have to walk through a path in the woods, trees on each side of the path, and the sun setting. On the way, we saw footprints

"What are those!" Asher said, pointing to the footprints leading into the woods

"I don't know," I replied.

We looked at each other and followed the footprints through the woods. The footprints led to an old, worn-out cabin, covered in moss.

"Have you ever seen this before?" Asher asked, looking at me.

"No, but I don't go back here much", I said.

We went into the cabin; Asher was excited, but not me, for one I don't want to get murdered and two I don't want to get murdered. The inside didn't look that different from the outside, worn-out with moss growing on the walls.  There was a table with books and things in jars on one side of the large room and on the other side we saw a lady sitting in a rocking chair. She looked to be in her 30's, with brown hair, a red top, and jeans. " Who are you?!" she exclaimed, she was obviously mad that we just entered her cabin. Both Asher and I looked at each other, we were surprised, we thought it would be an abandoned cabin but no, it was a creepy lady's cottage.

"W-w-we are so sorry we just never saw your cabin before and we wanted to check it out, we are sorry" I stammered.

"I asked who you are not why you are here, now who are you, what are your names?'' she shouted.

"Right, um, my name is Alyssa Green" I pointed to Asher "and this is Asher Backer."

"Don't tell her our full names! Are you stupid!" Asher whispered angrily to me.

"Good. Now, my name is Tara White and I am a witch here. I've come to stop the vampire Parker Adams, I have been hunting him for years" sounding proud, Tara got up from the chair and came over to us hands crossed.

"Ok..well we will be leaving now," Asher said, he obviously didn't believe her and neither did I. She was crazy, just some crazy lady living in the woods.  Asher practically pulled me out of the cabin running back to the path where we saw the footprints in the first place.

We ran back to my house scared that the lady was following us, when we got inside my dad was sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hey kids, how was school?" he asked.

"It was good. Hey dad, have you seen a cabin out in the woods before?" I asked.

"No, I haven't seen any cabin before, why?"

"Well Ash and I were walking home and we saw footprints so we followed them and they lead to a cabin. We went inside and there was a lady there, she said her name was Tara White or something, I don't know, we thought it was weird."

After I mentioned the name, "Tara White",  my dad looked shocked "did..did you say, Tara White?" He stuttered.

"Yeah, do you know her or something?" I was shocked that he seemed to know her name.

"Um, no you guys go upstairs I got to make a phone call". He sounded angry.

Asher and I went upstairs and talked about what just happened. 

My room isn't that fancy my bed is in the middle of the back wall, there is a dresser on the left side, a desk on the right that has my homework, that is obviously not getting done tonight, laying on top; along with some pens, a lamp, and a picture of me and Asher. The walls are grey, I have a few posters of my favorite show Supernatural and that is basically it.

" So what just happened?" Asher asked as he spread his hands out sitting on my bed.

" I... don't...know but my dad definitely knows something. Did you see his face when I said that lady's name ?" I said pacing the room.

"Yeah, you should talk to him tomorrow?" We talked a little more and decided to go back to the cabin after school tomorrow, or Asher decided, I didn't want to go, I wanted to stay home and let dad and Tara figure this out, but Asher convinced me that it would be good to see what they are up to.

The next day at school all we could think about was the house and the lady in it. When we were in math both Asher and I got called down to the office and guess who was waiting there? That lady from the house in the woods! She was wearing jeans with a blue t-shirt and her brown hair was in a messy bun. She was standing there in the office waiting for me and Asher we both slowed our steps.  What does this lady want? We had no idea what was going on and we were scared and confused.

"What are you doing here?" Asher asked he was obviously more mad than confused that she was here.

"I want to talk to you, come with me," she whispered like someone was listening.

'She is definitely crazy' I thought "We are not going with you we don't know you, you could be a murderer!" I said. In the corner of my eye I could see the receptionist, he was new just started today.  I was about to go and tell him that a crazy lady we didn't know wanted to talk to us, but something stopped me I was getting a bad vibe from him.

"Just come with me," She said snapping me back to reality and still whispering.  She turned and walked outside and we followed her because we were curious about what was going on and maybe we were a little bit stupid as well.

We were outside and standing by what I assumed to be her car, it was black and simple. "Ok, get into the car," Tara demanded opening the back door. 'I was right' I thought to myself. 

 "Hell no! Do you think we are stupid? We are not getting into a strangers car!"I exclaimed, at this point, I was scared, mad, and didn't know why we were here and not in math. Asher was looking around for something to get us out of this. It was the middle of the day, so not many people were hanging around outside the school.  I saw a couple of students head back inside after lunch but something held me back from calling to them. 

"Then why did you follow me out?" Tara asked, calling me back to what was happening. There was a long pause, Asher and I, looked at each other then back at Tara and shrugged. "Oh My God! Get into the car or I will put you both in the car myself" Tara demanded once again. She was beginning to scare us and we are idiots that didn't just run so we got in the car.

She drove us to her cabin. The drive there was very awkward and no one talked thank God it wasn't long. We thought she was going to kill us but she just wanted to talk, we talked for a long time and the things she said next surprised all of us.