Chapter 11

"We can't just kill him now?" I asked. Why would we keep him here when we can just stake him now?

"I agree with Alyssa, why are we leaving him here?" Asher asked gesturing to me.

"Ash you should probably go home, your parents are probably worried about you," Tara said, with a sigh, looking exhausted.

"I am part of this now," Asher said crossing his arms in a, you can't make me leave stance. "So what are we going to do with Parker? Just leave a vampire in the basement or what?"

"Asher has a point what are we going to do with him? We can't kill him," said Tyler.

"What does he mean we can't kill him? He's right there" I said in frustration gesturing wildly toward Parker.

"Oh my God, you guys need to teach these kids things! " He pointed at Tara and my dad. "We can't kill him because if we kill him Alyssa will turn into a vampire."

"I don't get it, how will Alyssa turn into a vampire if Parker dies?" Asher asked for both of us, this monster thing was getting really confusing.

"You guys don't listen do you-" before Tyler could finish Tara cut him off by putting her hand up.

"Alyssa, because you are Parker's daughter you are half vampire. Now, that side of you is not activated because you have not died but because Parker is the last of his family and because you are his daughter if he dies that side of you will be activated. It will then get rid of your witch side and turn you full vampire so you'll carry on the family."

"Why?" Asher asked, he took the words right out of my mouth. What kind of rules are these?

"A witch that got pissed off with a very old vampire a long long time ago" it looks like Parker woke up while we were talking. He sat up gingerly, looking more annoyed than angry.

"You mean a witch made the vampire rules?" Asher asked, making sure not to get to close to the salt circle but curious at what Parker had to say.

"I wouldn't call it a rule as much as a curse." Parker replied, watching Asher carefully.

"How is it a curse, all you have to do is make some kids so you can die."

"Do you know how hard it is to find other vampires, especially one that wants to have a kid with you? Thanks to hunters and people like you there are fewer of my kind." Parker pointed to Tara, Tyler,and my dad accusingly.

"Is there a way to break the curse?" Asher continued.

"Now that you manchan it there might be, and I think it's close by." Parker said slyly.

"Well, tell us what it is!" I yelled at him.

"There is no reason to yell, let me out of here and I will tell you, better yet, I will help you find the cure."

"Why should we trust you?" Tyler asked.

"Well you see Ty you-"

Tyler stopped him "don't call my ty."

Parker looked like he was affected by that "Ok, well you see you can't know that you can 'trust' me but you are going to have to if you want to find the cure."

"How do we know that the cure is even real? You could just be telling us this so you can get out of the salt."

"I could or it could all be true and there could be a cure that could save Alyssa from becoming a vampire just like her father." He said the last part in a mocking voice.

"Guys, upstairs, now." Tara said and started walking upstairs we all followed.

"What should we do? I don't think any of us trust him." Tara said looking at each of us.

"Do we have a way to keep him from just running away or killing any of us if we let him out?" dad asked, taking a seat at the table.

"I could try something but I need Alyssa's help." Tara said, giving me a sideways glance.

"What do you need?" I asked, I would do anything not to become a vampire.

"I think I have a spell that can put him in handcuffs to keep him from doing anything, but the spell needs two witches."

"Cool let's go!"