Chapter 9

I honestly had no idea where I was going. I just headed left and hoped I would find them, but when I got there they weren't the only ones there. There was a man that looked so familiar but I couldn't place him.

As I entered the room the man turned around to face me "Ah, you must be Alyssa, good to finally meet you in person." he said, almost like this was a dinner party and I was the guest of honor.

"Alyssa..honey, this is Parker," Tara said slowly, eyes wide.

"Parker as in Parker Adams, the vampire that wants to kill me?" I said, my stomach dropped. I am face to face with Parker. I know I seemed confident earlier, back at Tara's house, but really that was just to hype myself up. I froze as he walked closer.

"The one and only," he said, opening his arms as if addressing a crowd. He was exactly what you would imagine: dark brown hair, blue jeans, black t-shirt; charming. It looked like Tara was stuck in her place and Asher was behind her tied to a chair. I wanted to run over to him but Parker stepped in front of me.

"Let him go!" I screamed.

"I will let him go as soon as you agree to come with me," He said smugly.

"Alyssa don't, he will kill you!" Tara pleaded. I looked at Asher, slumped over in the chair, then at Parker and back at Asher he was unconscious and one of his hands was untied. Parker must have interrupted Tara as she was untying him.

"I will never go with you!" I yelled in Parker's face. I stepped out of his grasp. Remembering what Tara had taught me I fired one of the fireballs at him. He flew back against the wall and I ran over to Asher. I didn't have time to see if Parker was knocked out.

"Untie him and get out of here I will handle Parker," Tara said to me. When I threw the fireball at Parker his control over Tara must have broken as she was now unfrozen. I grabbed Asher, woke him up, and pulled his other hand free, he was barely awake as I pulled him out of the room, down the hall, and out of the house. Tara held off Parker but it wouldn't be for long so we ran and never looked back. Getting home was the only thing on my mind.

Luckily my dad was waiting at the car as the lookout or I don't know if we would have made it home so quickly. When we got inside I sat Asher down on the couch, he was still pretty out of it. My dad sat at the table "Alyssa, what happened!?" he said as I walked into the kitchen and slumped into the chair next to him. I told him what happened, how we ran into Parker, and how Tara stayed back to hold him off so I could get home.

"Are you ok? Did he hurt you? This is why I said you shouldn't go" I could hear his voice becoming more and more anxious.

"Dad, I am fine, Ash is fine." I gestured to Asher who was half asleep on the couch. "We will figure out what happened to Tara."

"I know, I know it is just, he now knows what you look like he can get you at school and...I don't know." I feel like he is not telling me something, again, but right now I am so tired I don't know if I'd be able to handle it if he told me.

"Well, I am tired and Asher is already asleep on the couch so....."

!BANG! The door slams open and we all jumped up to our feet, even Asher was awake now. "Hey, guys'' Tara says, once again out of breath and looking like she was in an explosion.

"Tara thank God you're not dead" dad rushed over to hug her.

"Yeah not yet but Parker is on his way so let's get ready"

I didn't know how we were going to get ready until dad opened the closet, the one that is always locked, and inside were guns and other weapons. He grabbed two and closed the closet. He handed me a silver knife. "If Parker comes at you or Ash stab him with this,'' I nod slowly, looking at the knife and wondering if I can actually stab someone, but knowing I won't have a choice.      "Tara, can I talk to you?"My dad said, turning to Tara.

"Jimmy there is a mass murderer on the way to kill us so I am going to say no," Tara said, annoyed and getting her own weapons ready.

"It is about the thing," My dad said through gritted teeth.

"I think it can...what?" Tara said, stopping for a split second to see my dad's expression. Dad dragged her over to the living room to talk.

When they come back I am the first one to speak "what was that about?"

"Nothing your dad and I just needed to talk," Tara said getting back to readying the weapons like the last ten minutes didn't happen.

"Ok..so what do you want to do? We have an angry vampire on the way to kill us." I am skeptical that everything is 'ok' but now is not the time.

" We need stakes and silver knives," dad said.

"That is actually true" Asher spoke for the first time since he was kidnaped.

We all turned and looked at him. "Ash you should go home, this does not involve you," Tara said in a comforting voice.

"No, I'm fine" he got up and went to go help my dad get the stakes and silver knives. Asher was not hurt; he was just a lot more tired, like about to pass out tired, but as I said before when he makes up his mind there is no changing it. While my dad and Asher were getting the supplies Tara and I were coming up with a plan.