Chapter 6

"Alyssa we have something to tell you," Tara said.

"We think you are a witch, like your mother." my dad said.

"WHAT?" both Asher and I said at the same time.

"What do you mean I'm a witch? I have never done magic, even by accident." I exclaimed.

"I know, but we think the witch gene was passed down when you were born." dad said.

"Oh my God, does this mean that I can do magic! This is so cool!" I was so excited, I could do magic and help stop Parker!

"Alyssa, do some magic now," Asher said. I think he was just as excited as I was.

"What do I do? I don't know anything." Looking at Tara I asked, "Can you teach me magic?" I was like a little kid on Christmas and asking their mom to open the box. I was shaking. I was so excited to actually be able to help.

"Yes, but first you have to know that magic is not a toy, you can't play with it, otherwise you will hurt someone, ok?" Tara explained.

"I understand, when do we start?" I asked looking from my dad to Tara.

"You and Tara will start tomorrow after school, right now we are going home, you have school in the morning." dad said

I was so ready to start, I didn't think I'd be able to focus on anything else.

"Ok, since you guys are going home I should go too," Asher said and made his way to the door.

When we got home I went upstairs to do some research on witches and after about two hours of looking up the origin and anything I could find my dad called me down for dinner.

I didn't realize how hungry I was until I walked into the kitchen and saw my dad sitting at the table with a large pizza in front of him.

"So how was school?" he asked as I grabbed a slice and sat at the table.

"Really dad? Two hours ago we came home from my long-lost mother's house in the woods where you two just told me that I am a witch and you want to talk about school?"

"Yeah, we don't talk anymore, so how was school?"

I let out a sigh and took another bite of pizza, "School was fine. I got an A on my English test and a C on my math test."

"That is good," my dad said, picking at this food.

" So how was your-" at that moment Tara burst open the door and said "I just found Parker!" she was out of breath and leaning in the door frame.

"What do you mean you found Parker?" dad said confused.

"I mean I found where Parker Adams is staying in Willowdale," Tara said, still out of breath but walking further into the house.

"Oh my God, do we go now? I should call Ash" I said reaching for my phone.

"No we have to come up with a plan and you need to learn some magic before we go after a strong vampire." dad said pointing a finger at me.

"So if we aren't going now why did you break the door down," I said looking at Tara who was examing the door, hanging on its hinges. 

"Oh, sorry about that...um...I will..go..buy..a new one" she said straightening up the door. 

Shortly after Tara left I helped dad clean up and went to bed, exhausted from the sudden burst of excitement not to mention all the other events that unfolded that day.

The next day after school Asher and I headed to Tara's house. She told me not to bring Asher to witch practice (that is what I am calling it) but he insisted and when he gets like that there is no changing his mind.

When we got there Tara was setting up what I assumed was witch stuff. Tara let out a sign when she saw Asher and I walk through the door. "I told you not to bring Asher," she said looking at me disapprovingly, "it is too dangerous, he has to leave now," she said urgently.

"I insisted that I come, she did try to stop me but she is my best friend and this is her first witch practice," Asher said looking around at all the stuff.

"Well if you get hurt it is your own fault, not mine, and not Alyssa's got it? " Tara said sternly to Asher. He nodded slowly and took a seat at the table.

"Let's get started, how..do..we start?" I asked excitedly and confused by all the witch stuff I was now standing next to. I'm starting to think maybe Asher coming was a bad idea, if he got hurt, I don't know what I would do.

"Ok, first we are going to do a fireball."

"A what?" why does she want me to start with a fireball, that sounds pretty dangerous.

"Don't worry if you copy me exactly no one will get hurt. It is one of the easiest spells." She circled her hands and said "facies augue" and a fireball came out and hit the wall. "Ok do exactly that."

 I nodded slowly trying to focus my thoughts. I circled my hands like Tara did and said "facies augue". I made a fireball but instead of hitting the wall like Tara's did the fireball sidetracked and hit Asher.