Chapter 4 (Asher)

I got off the phone with my mom and told Alyssa and Tara that I had to go home or my dad would figure out that I am not at Alyssa's house but at a psycho witches' house. Alyssa didn't want to stay at Tara's alone so she left too.

When I got home my mom and dad were waiting for me. They were mad. I didn't actually forget about my detention. I just did not want to go. I had better things to do anyway. They were waiting in the living room and looking like they were planning to kill me. My dad started, "So why were you not in detention?"

"As I said on the phone I thought it was tomorrow" I lied.

"I know you are lying Asher'' my mom continued.

"No I am not, I honestly thought it was tomorrow because we have a test tomorrow and Alyssa and I have a study group," that part was true.

"Ok, say you are telling the truth, why did you get into an argument with your teacher," my dad asked.

"I don't remember" I lied, but to tell the truth we had an argument because my teacher took my phone away and I was texting my friend Oliver. He also got in trouble and probably went to detention and I know what you'll say 'Asher don't text in class' and I don't care what you say I did and it is over. I know I will get in trouble anyway but it doesn't hurt to try.

"Ok, well you are grounded until you can remember, go to your room" my dad said. I nodded to my parents and I went to my room. My room is probably what you would expect. I have my gaming set, my bed, my desk, my clothes are in my closet and that is it. Thank God my parents did not take my phone so I could call Alyssa and tell her I was grounded. I flopped on my bed and called Alyssa.

On the phone:

Aly-Hey how are you?

Ash-Good I got grounded so I won't be able to investigate with you tomorrow.

Aly- That's ok I can interrogate my dad more, *laughing* Why are you grounded anyway?

Ash-My parents found out I skipped detention again.

Aly- You said you would stop that!

Ash- I know but you needed me at Tara's house and I wanted to go. Don't you think investigating evil witches is more important than detention?

Aly- Ok you get a pass this time but do it again or you're off the investigation.

Ash- You can't kick me off the investigation!

Aly- I can and I will recruit Emily*laughing*

Ash- *laughing* You wouldn't!

Aly- Oh I would

Ash- Oh I'm sorry my mom is calling me I got to go.

Aly- Yeah, go, see you tomorrow, bye.

Ash-Bye.