Chapter 3

The next day, after school, I snuck out of my house and made my way to the school to meet Asher. On the phone that morning, before Asher went to school, we made a plan for me to meet Asher when school got out. We were then going to make our way to Tara's cabin in the woods to hopefully get some answers.

When I got to school, to my surprise, Asher wasn't alone. Tara, or my mom, was waiting with him. 'I am never going to get used to this I thought. She was standing right there with Asher, who looked terrified by the way, next to her car. Just standing there like this is normal and she is my mom picking me and my friend up from school. As I got closer to where they were standing I could hear that they were arguing about something.

"What are you doing here.." I started to say before Tara interrupted.

"You guys are coming over to my house aren't you? I assumed you would want a ride, but then I realized that you were not here so I was talking to Asher until you arrived." Tara said.

"And like I said I have a car," Asher said with annoyance.

"How did you know that we were planning to go to your cabin," I asked

"I have my sources, now are you coming or not?" she said

Asher did just tell her we have a car so... "we will meet you there." Asher then basically dragged me to his car and we drove to Tara's house.

"What were you guys talking about when I got to the school," I asked in the car on the way to Tara's house, it doesn't take long to get to Tara's house, only about ten minutes.

"Nothing much, I was basically telling her to go away and she kept asking me when you would get there.  She only got there about five minutes before you," he said.

"Ok," I picked up an old wrapper on the floor of the car "you really need to clean up your car Ash" he snatched the wrapper out of my hand and threw it in the back.

"Hey, how would you like it if I disrespected your car?"

"I don't have a car" we laughed and drove off.

When we got to the cabin Tara was looking through a book on vampires at her kitchen table. "So how do we stop Parker from killing me and my dad," I asked as soon as we walk through the door.

"Better question: why does this vampire want to kill my best friend and Mr. Green?" Asher asked, he obviously does not like Tara.

"That is to be answered later.." Tara says, ignoring Asher and continuing to flip the pages in the book.

"No you are going to answer now, Alyssa deserves to know why a psycho vampire wants to kill her and her father!" Asher shouts at her.

Tara was sitting in the same chair that she was in when we first met.   Asher and I were still standing by the door, Asher was in front of me. "Ash we talked about this, I can fight my own battles" I whispered. He nodded and took a step back, I was now in front of him. He was never good with adults, he always gets into trouble at school for talking back to the teachers or at home for getting into arguments with his parents so it was not uncommon but I had to stop him so that Tara didn't hex him or something. "I think what Ash is trying to say is that we would like to know more about this Parker Adams.'' I tried to sound polite but the truth is that I was a little mad myself with all the secrets.

"The only thing that I can say now is that a serial killer vampire is coming after you and your dad," She said with a sigh. We already knew this and I could tell Asher was getting angry again.

"Anything we don't know?" He muttered leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed but Tara heard him.

"Sorry Asher, but I can't tell you anything else without talking to Jimmy." She stood up and put the book down and turned to me, "where is your father?"

"Why do you need to talk to my dad before you tell us what's going on?"

"Because there are some things that I don't know if he wants you to know, now where is he?"

"Why don't you just ask him?" Asher asked. Probably thinking what I'm thinking if she can find us at school why can't she find my father,  wherever he is?

"I can't. I don't know where he lives " Tara said, but I still didn't believe her.

"Well, it looks like you've been texting him unless you know another Jimmy Green?" Asher held up a phone that had texts from my dad. I took the phone from him. I saw messages that were between my dad and Tara since the day I told my dad that she was in town.

"If you are texting him then why do you need me to tell you where he is," I asked, holding up her phone and showing her the screen.

"Because he won't talk to me face to face," she said as she grabbed for the phone. "Something about being afraid that Parker will follow me, or you, to the house. I doubt that Parker even knows where I am so.." Tara trailed off.

"Well..." I was about to say something but Asher's phone rang. He took his phone out of his pocket and answered it. It was his mom Rose Baker.

The phone call

A- "What mom?"

R- "So, the school called me and they said that you got into a fight with your teacher and that you didn't show up for detention!"

A- "Oh, that was today? I thought that it was tomorrow, sorry."

R- "Don't have an attitude with me young man! You come home so your dad and I can talk about this!"

A- "I can't Alyssa and I have to study for tomorrow's test, tonight"

R- "You can study later, come home right now or your dad will come and get you from Alyssa's house!"

A- "Ok, I will be there soon."