eleven.

chapter eleven

IRENA LEANS BACK IN her chair, groaning loudly

IRENA LEANS BACK IN her chair, groaning loudly. The amount of work sitting on her laptop is stressing her out. She's been staring at the screen so long the words blur together and turn into a massive lump of black text and bright blobs of pictures. Her head falls into her hands as she tries to rub the ingrained images away.

She takes a moment to pull her phone out, though the phone light won't help the splitting headache that's growing. She takes a moment to reply to Izzy before opening a new message.

 She takes a moment to reply to Izzy before opening a new message

classes are kicking my ass :(
i need a study buddy

If the offer is still open...
I can be there by tonight

i would like that
patches pics would help too

Keep an eye on the clock...

Those seven words have Irena pacing her living room. She's got an entire website analysis paper due within the week so this wasted time definitely isn't helping, but she's too damn excited to stay still. The hour inches by until it hits seven. Then eight.

The second her phone buzzes, she flies to where it's laying on the counter.

"I might be lost. If I knock on the wrong door right now..."

"Right door," she breathes as she hears the knocking.

And then he's standing in her apartment. The place that's most comfortable to her. Her home. He doesn't even look around. He just steps forward and wraps his arms around her.

His arms are paradise. He's wearing a thin sweater, the soft material pressing against her cheek. He smells like detergent and the humidity right before a storm, crackling heat against her skin. She squeezes him tighter, never wanting to let go. Her hands linger on his arms, trailing down until they catch his fingers. She intertwines their fingers.