Chapter 19: I Never Meant To Hurt You.

Matthew hated this.

It wasn't the fact that his girlfriend and ex were currently in the same room, it's the fact Y/n is paying more attention to her bully instead of her boyfriend.

"What about your favorite movie?" she asks Ashley who shrugs, "I don't really watch movies."

Y/n gasps. "Whaaat!?" Matthew walks away into the bedroom. Y/n doesn't even notice she's to busy giggling with her new best friend.

"Okay, I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight!" she smiles at the blonde who waves.

Matthews on the bed hiding his face in the pillow. "Baby?" he hears her soft voice as she crawls on top of his back. "Are you asleep?"

"...no." his voice is muffled by the pillow, "I thought you were going to sleep with your best friend."

"Yeah, but you're my best friend." she kisses his neck affectionately. "Bullshit." he drags her down in a swift movement.

She lays on her side with his arm pulling her closer, "I mean it." Y/n says stroking his cheek.

he kisses her deeply, his hand slips under her shirt and stays on her waist gripping her.

The next morning they decide to get Ashley a job, "The restaurant I work at is currently hiring, you could work there?" Y/n suggested.

"Hmm.. I guess I could give it a try!"

Matthew sighs starting the car again, they'd been at it for hours but Ashley had no experience other then looking pretty.

Y/n leaves them alone at booth while she tries to convince her boss.

Matthew liked her outfit today, his eyes trailed her curves and her thighs.

He turns around to ask Ashley something but stops, she's memorized.

When he follows her gaze to see who's got her awestruck he realizes that her eyes are also on Y/n..

"Hey.." he mumbles confused.

"Yeah?" she replies not even bothering to look away.

"Why're you staring at Y/n like that?"

her eyes winded and a blush fills her worried face as she snaps out of it, "W-What!? I wasn't.. I don't-"

"Hey guys!" Y/n happily marches back, "Are you okay? your face is really red." she asks. Ashley stands, "Y-Yes, let's go."

The blonde rushes out the restaurant, leaving the couple alone. Y/n smacks Matthew. "Ow!"

"What did you do!" she harshly whispers. "I just asked a question!" he whispers back.

Ashley's waiting in the car and is startled when the door opens. "My boss said she'll give you a shot because your pretty!"

"Really!? thank you.." she smiles warmly.

"Just don't be surprised if she hits on you." Y/n laughs. They go back home where Y/n hops in the shower, Matthew follows Ashley out to the balcony.

They stand there in silence, the only thing that can be heard is the wind rustling the trees.

"I never meant to hurt you." she whispers.

Matthew snorts, "That's funny." Ashley drops her head, "I've never been interested in guys, so I tried it out with as many as I could.."

"You could've just broken up with me." he seems to be over her but not the way they ended. "I didn't want to lose you, though."

"You were the first person to actually care, you didn't want want me for my body, I used you as moral support and i'm so sorry."

Matthew nods, "...You said you weren't interested in guys, is that because.." she hesitates then nods.

"So you cheat on me and now you're trying to get my girlfriend? impressive." there's no serious tone to it, she can tell he's joking by his smile.

"If you let me!" she smiles back but it fades and she begins to fidget with her hands.

"No but on a serious note, my crush won't turn into anything more. She's obsessed with you and your obsessed with her.. I know my boundaries."

Although a part of her heart is breaking, another part of her hates herself for everything she's done and is telling her that the least she can do is let them be.

"You better." Matthew smirks and she shoves him playfully. "What're you guys doing out there?" Y/n calls out from inside the house.

She turns at the soft voice that gives her butterflies.

"I still don't forgive you for plenty of the things but.. I hope you find a girl that can tame your annoying ass." Matthew says as he walks back inside.

The next day she begins working, the restaurant pays well and so do the tips.

The only problem was the girl who kept shoving her and trying to trip her.

"Hey! Boss is asking for you." Y/n says pointing to the back room.

"Y-You called?" She was nervous, was she really about to get fired? on her first day?

Not to mention her boss seemed like a bitch.

"Sit." she ordered.

Ashley immediately plops down on the chair. "Well aren't you obedient?" the older women smirks. "I'm Chloe."

"Ashley.." she mumbles.

"Someone says you've been having problems with Bella. Is it true?"

"Who's Bella?" it comes out in a rude tone but Ashley doesn't care. She wasn't about to let someone spread rumors.

Chloe scoffs, "The other blonde, with the tan."

"Hold up. The bitch thats been tripping me and shoving me this whole time? She's just pissed i'm prettier then her!"

"Wow.. y'know Bellas my favorite.."

"Oh fuck bella! Y/n works harder then her. Make her your favorite! Not some idiotic bitch!" Ashley scowls.

Chloe grabs her face and yanks her forward, "Watch your fuckin' mouth."

Ashley's grip on the chair tightens and her eyes narrow before saying her next words in a cold tone.

"Make me."