Chapter 20: You Hooked Up With Your Boss?

"Don't you feel like Ashley's been acting weird lately?"

Y/n and Matthew are curled up on the couch watching their show while Ashley takes her hour long bath.

"How so?" he asks taking a bite from his carrot. "She's acting responsible.." Y/n whispers.

"Huh.. that is strange."

Ashley began working a few days ago but she drags Y/n in twenty minutes before work even begins.

Then she disappears and when she comes back her hairs all messed up. "Jeez did you go jogging?" Y/n had once joked to which she smiled. "No.. just cleaning."

The couple quiets down when the happy blonde enters the room. "Isn't the weather amazing today?"

"There's a storm but I guess?"

Ashley plops down on the couch with a dopey grin, she rests her feet on Y/n's legs. "Life is great."

"When are you getting your own apartment?" Matthew says shoving her feet away from his carrots.

"Tch. Way to ruin the mood." she mutters sitting up. "I'm going to my room."

"You don't even have a room!?" Matthew yells as she slams their bedroom door in their faces.

"She acts like a teenager."
Y/n smiles pulling him closer, "I know right."

The next day Y/n wakes up to giggling at 3am.

"ASHLEY GET THE HELL OFF THAT PHONE BEFORE I STRANGLE YOU." she yells annoyed.

They both worked the night shift so Y/n could work at target during the day. Ashley stayed home with Matthew, "Whatcha doing?" she smiles sneaking into their room.

"Working." Matthew says as he types on his computer. "Guess what?" she plops down next to him on the bed.

"I said i'm working." he tries but she continues.

"I have a girlfriend."

he stares at her with a blank expression before he goes back to the computer. "WHY ARE YOU NOT INTERESTED!?"

"CAUSE IM FUCKIN WORKING."

"FINE." she yells but stays put. After three seconds of peaceful silence she speaks again. "So her names Chloe.."

Matthew bangs his head on the table groaning.

"I mean we're not dating.. it's kinda like a sex thing and she's my boss-"

"You hooked up with your boss!?"

She glares at him, "Don't interrupt me."

"But yeah.. I don't think she wants to date me cause when I asked her she flat out said no so i'll just have to annoy her till she says yes."

huh.. that sounds familiar.

"Is that why you've been acting weird?" Matthew asks. "I haven't been acting weird!"

"You so have." he smirks. "Now get out and let me finish working."

"Yeah, Yeah." Ashley mumbles but the bedroom door opens and Y/n comes in.